Protein Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Question

I have been supplemental protein feeding for the last 10 years. I have seen some decent success for low fence deer with both horn growth and body size. My question is do any of you feed Double Down Protein and if so have you seen better results than just regular protein? Thanks for the information.

This outta be good

Comment

L&E, WEST, and Antlermax over the last 10 yrs. Tried Double Down for 1 fill up, just cant justify the extra 4-5$ a bag.

But I'm sure the believers will be here shortly

Comment

We fed double-down for 1 year and the deer ate it like crazy, but can't say we saw a improvement in body-size or Antler Growth. It was a 3 hour round trip drive for us to go get it, so we ended up switching back to L&E and also feed cottenseed. Deer are very healthy and antler growth is getting better each year. This is on 100 acres, so small tract on land.

Comment

fed it 2 years then back to L and E. too much waste and too high cost. they love it but results are about the same

Comment

Thanks for the information. I guess I will stay with either Antler Max or LE.

Comment

All Stock for us and we are seeing the difference on body mass for sure. Not sure about horns just yet.

Comment

I tried it. Like others it was too expensive and we didn't see any better results compared to the others we were using.

Comment

I use a mix of record rack protein pellets & the 3006 seed blend.

I have noticed a difference in the weight gain on the deer on my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think a lot of people underestimate protein without good minerals especially calcium can’t grow antlers alone.

Gotta be both done. Protein with minerals and calcium will make things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a friend who tried it on his HF place. His take was the deer improved but not enough to justify the cost.

Comment

Fed 300 tons a year for the last three years. The deer eat it at a high rate and improved greatly. Fawn rates are the best they have been as well. It is expensive so we are switching as well.

Comment

I'm going to continue using DD, been seeing good results

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                            Fed 300 tons a year for the last three years. The deer eat it at a high rate and improved greatly. Fawn rates are the best they have been as well. It is expensive so we are switching as well.
                            Dayyuum thats 12,000 bags of protein.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Dayyuum thats 12,000 bags of protein.
                              Thank goodness for bulk set ups.

Comment

Working...
                              X