Can Am Defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
    Are you implying that the $15k you paid was better than Hoffpauirs normal price for that model? Or am I confused?

I plan on calling or emailing Hoffpauir and Broadway Powersports in Tyler tomorrow to compare prices on the HD8, HD8 DPS and XT models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to work for it a little, but it wasn’t unpleasant like most dealers are.

Comment

I work for East Texas Powersports in Lufkin. Hoffpauir is a very competitive dealer and are quick and easy to deal with. However, I have earned many new customers that were also shopping them. I do not play the hidden fee games or try to sell you a bunch of crap once you get here. If I give you a price it will be an out the door price, and I beat many dealers weekly. We can work an entire deal via text if that is more convenient, no finance department here trying to sell you back end product so paperwork is done in under five minutes. If you decide you wouldn't mind the drive to Lufkin shoot me a message with what you are looking for or call the store and I will take care of you. Good luck on your search.

"Regardless of who you choose to buy from, make sure that you get the “out the door” price, NOT the sale price. A lot of these dealers have smoking deals advertised online (their sale price), only to add in $800-$1200 in “fees” when it comes time to sign the papers. I know the place in Greenville is one the absolute worst."

^^^^This is great advice, many dealers will have an unrealistic sale price to get you in the door and will just add fees to make up for it. If they will not give you a real buyers order I wouldn't trust it!
      Last edited by Justin Spies; 01-07-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I keep hearing that about Greenville, and our first 4 machines were great transactions. After trying to buy my Defender there, and sending a buddy their way I won’t ever use them again. They were a total smoke show from the start, and stuck it to my buddy hard.

Comment

One of my insurance customers, Seth Skinner, works at Waco Motor Sports. You can reach him on his cell phone at 254-421-2401. I told him I would throw his name in the hat about any Can Am stuff.

Full disclosure, I have never purchased an ATV or anything else from him, mainly because I did not know he worked there. But he said if you called him and said his insurance agent told you to call he would work out a good deal. So if anyone tries him and has good luck please let me know so I can refer him with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
            What’s so good about Hoffpaiur? I’ve heard their name a lot on TBH so there must be something.

Why should I drive 3+ hours to buy from this dealer? Convince me.

Did you see the part about “they deliver”?

Comment

I bought my 2018 defender hd8 max at Antlers motorsports in Oklahoma. Was a 6 hour drive one way but couldn't find a price even close to theirs in Texas. They were also very easy to deal with. Had everything ready for me when i got there.

I dealt with Tony Duncan.
              Last edited by Derek H.; 01-07-2019, 11:44 AM. Reason: Forgot Information

Comment

I have a Defender Max lonestar edition. Have you Defender guys done anything to deal with the mud that it throws off the front tires. They stick so far outside the wheel well that I get covered in mud when driving it when its muddy.

Comment

i have heard teh fender flare work wonders on them i am getting a set for mine here pretty quick

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                    I have a Defender Max lonestar edition. Have you Defender guys done anything to deal with the mud that it throws off the front tires. They stick so far outside the wheel well that I get covered in mud when driving it when its muddy.
                    The Lonestar's A arms push the tires out further. You really need the sport fender flares. Makes a world of difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                      I work for East Texas Powersports in Lufkin. Hoffpauir is a very competitive dealer and are quick and easy to deal with. However, I have earned many new customers that were also shopping them. I do not play the hidden fee games or try to sell you a bunch of crap once you get here. If I give you a price it will be an out the door price, and I beat many dealers weekly. We can work an entire deal via text if that is more convenient, no finance department here trying to sell you back end product so paperwork is done in under five minutes. If you decide you wouldn't mind the drive to Lufkin shoot me a message with what you are looking for or call the store and I will take care of you. Good luck on your search.

"Regardless of who you choose to buy from, make sure that you get the “out the door” price, NOT the sale price. A lot of these dealers have smoking deals advertised online (their sale price), only to add in $800-$1200 in “fees” when it comes time to sign the papers. I know the place in Greenville is one the absolute worst."

^^^^This is great advice, many dealers will have an unrealistic sale price to get you in the door and will just add fees to make up for it. If they will not give you a real buyers order I wouldn't trust it!

PM sent...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post

Do you sell trailers there too?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
                          I bought my 2018 defender hd8 max at Antlers motorsports in Oklahoma. Was a 6 hour drive one way but couldn't find a price even close to theirs in Texas. They were also very easy to deal with. Had everything ready for me when i got there.

I dealt with Tony Duncan.
                          I've always heard good things about them as well. I passed by there this weekend and could not believe the number of side by sides they had on their lot for a small town dealership. They must be running some crazy volume, which means they must have them priced right!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                            Do you sell trailers there too?
                            Yessir we are a Diamond C dealer. We also sell Hefty and Big Tex.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              I've always heard good things about them as well. I passed by there this weekend and could not believe the number of side by sides they had on their lot for a small town dealership. They must be running some crazy volume, which means they must have them priced right!
                              Yes they seemed like they had alot of units going out the day i was there. From what my salesman was saying they move a ton of polaris units. Yeah as far as price goes it was impressive how much cheaper they were then any of my local dealers in the Houston area.

Comment

Wrong post.
                                Last edited by Deathrow Jethro; 01-08-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X