Thumb Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
    Did any of you have to change your set up when switching from a wrist release to a thumb release? I tried to shoot one yesterday with my set up and was 12" right at 30 yards.
    I tried to switch myself Jon and I couldn't be accurate with a hand held. My groups at 20 yrds are quarter size with a wrist release. I was all over with a hand held. My son made the switch and it tightened his groups up. I guess they for great for some and some not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      I tried to switch myself Jon and I couldn't be accurate with a hand held. My groups at 20 yrds are quarter size with a wrist release. I was all over with a hand held. My son made the switch and it tightened his groups up. I guess they for great for some and some not so much.
      I bought one.... going to wait till after season to start shooting it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tru ball Fang 3 is great. Love my Nock2It release, but it is over $200.

Comment

I wonder if using one of these would reduce the amount of wrist popping I've got going on during the draw now.
          I waited for the deer to clear out the other morning and practiced 3 draws and my release wrist was snapping and popping with each draw. No way I could pull a shot off with deer in front of me unless there was some sort of additional background noise for cover.

Comment

I just changed because my wrist was killing me every time I practiced with the wrist release and did a bunch of research about thumb releases since I had picked up one several years ago and didn't like it. I did read that most likely you have to change the peep since your anchor point changes, but I didn't have to change anything. I got this and still shooting tight groups like I did with wrist release. T.R.U Ball Max Pro Plus.

Comment

I’m going to make the switch after the season. Hopefully I find a good Black Friday deal

Comment

Working...
              X