No announcement yet.

Thumb Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, I alternate during practice sessions with both a thumb TrueBall T-caliper (with a TrueBall glove in case I drop it). And a glove type Truefire Grizzly caliper. That makes me focus more on the actual shot than just using one or the other. It also keeps me focused on what I'm doing by making me think about the release rather than anticipating the shot. I also get the benefit of using what I like for a given hunt. And always carry a back-up release with me.

Comment

Going to a thumb release is the best thing( archery wise ) that I have ever done. I love my stan just x. None of the stanislawski’s are cheap but they are well worth it. The trigger is adjustable, and oh so crisp it’s amazing.

Comment

Thumb Release

I bought a Tru Ball 4 finger release a cpl years ago and I really like it.
        It was around $100, and well worth it. I liked it so much, I bought another for a back up.

Comment

Did any of you have to change your set up when switching from a wrist release to a thumb release? I tried to shoot one yesterday with my set up and was 12" right at 30 yards.

Comment

I didn't change a thing on my bow, and experienced no issues whatsoever.
            Obviously, not everyone's results will be equal. Maybe I was just lucky.

Comment

I don’t think I had to change anything. It just depends how you anchor

Comment

I hunt woods and got tired of the sweaty wrist brand and once I missed a shot as it was taking me too long to grab and put on the release. I moved to a fang thumb release, hangs on the dloop although I have to keep an eye on it paranoid of losing the $100.00 release. After a little, not much practice, my accuracy went up, not going back but may try a truball for backup.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                  I hunt woods and got tired of the sweaty wrist brand and once I missed a shot as it was taking me too long to grab and put on the release. I moved to a fang thumb release, hangs on the dloop although I have to keep an eye on it paranoid of losing the $100.00 release. After a little, not much practice, my accuracy went up, not going back but may try a truball for backup.
                  Lol that why I bought a second one for a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    Did any of you have to change your set up when switching from a wrist release to a thumb release? I tried to shoot one yesterday with my set up and was 12" right at 30 yards.
                    My peep needed adjusting because my anchor point change.
                    Face pressure? Nock on nation had a good video on that on YouTube.

Comment

I shoot the stan shootist. I tested one other release that was $89. I will get the name next time I'm in the bow shop. It's the one they hunt with. I liked it allot but went with the stan for adjustability.

Comment

I shoot a Truball Sabertooth. It is a hook style release. I've shot it for several years and would never go back to a wrist style release.

Comment

I haven’t used one but they do look tempting. I can already see myself dropping it out of the tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a lefty and I shoot a Carter Wise Choice and a Nock2It. I personally like the Nock2It better. Although it is more expensive than you want to pay - it is worth it.

Comment

My luck I'd loose it

Comment

I've had the truball 3 and 4 finger along with the trufire four finger. They work pretty good but I spent a little bit more money this last time and bought the scott pursuit which can be changed from a 3 or 4 finger. I prefer 3 I like the trigger mechanism on the scott a lot better than both the cheaper releases. It seems a lot more crisp. For reference I have only shot caliper style.

Comment

Working...
                                X