Richland WMA Draw Hunt 2019 - Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland WMA Draw Hunt 2019 - Live Hunt

Hey guys! I just finished packing up and am looking forward to a week of hunting. I haven’t hunted much the last 3 years due to work and a 2 year old boy so this is going to be extra special time in the woods even if I don’t pull the trigger.

Richland Creek WMA has a special place in my heart since I shot my first deer here in 1996 on a TPWD youth draw hunt. I’ll post some details and pictures of that old hunt later this week. It’s what got me addicted to hunting and spending time with my Dad in the woods.

We have orientation Monday at 12:00 and I’ll be hunting that evening through Friday afternoon. Drawn for this hunt is my Dad (Keith), our hunting partner (Larry) and myself.

I’ll start posting video and pictures tomorrow. I’ve written a few articles over the last 5 years but it’s been a while since I busted out the video camera. Wish me luck - self-video ain’t easy!

If any other TBH’ers are at this hunt come say hi at orientation.

Good luck to y’all. I loved that place. Hunted it for years before it became a draw only. Killed my first hog there around 2000-2001ish

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Good luck to y’all. I loved that place. Hunted it for years before it became a draw only. Killed my first hog there around 2000-2001ish
      Thanks much! Certainly looks like it can hold lots of hogs!

Comment

I will have my TBH hat on

Will look for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Some very nice bucks there.

Comment

Good luck Kevin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks all! Passing through Corsicana now!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  I will have my TBH hat on

Will look for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Great! See you there!

Comment

wish I was inline right now.

Comment

Good luck. I've hunted close to this place for years and have watched deer from 488 many times. Hope you kill a good one.

Comment

It’s a hard place to hunt. Been a few years since I have been but will say there are some
                        Monsters running around down there.

Comment

Got drawn for compartment 3 and just got settled after scouting and setting up stands. We’ve seen 4
                          Does so far while scouting.

In a climber hunting some good looking land right now.

Comment

Dad is sitting on a pipeline and has seen 3 bucks and 4-5 does. One legal spike but looking to shoot a mature deer. He said he passed an 8 that is county legal but the WMA wants 4.5+ and 15” spread.

Comment

Awesome Good Luck, Following along. I love that place . Keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                              X