The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    Doh!!!! I was certain it was gonna be next Friday 4/18. Any color as to why?
    They had to make sure I was allocated a tag

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
      They had to make sure I was allocated a tag
      Crap....you beat me to that joke!

Comment

According to an email I received from NM G&F - The delay has to do with the Terk overturn a couple weeks ago. Figuring out what to do with all those NR Bighorn applications has delayed the rest of the Big Game drawings.

Comment

10-4.

NM has historically been good about releasing early but I bet it'll be right at 4/30. I was hoping to know my NM fate before I put in for NV but not much chance of that now.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
            According to an email I received from NM G&F - The delay has to do with the Terk overturn a couple weeks ago. Figuring out what to do with all those NR Bighorn applications has delayed the rest of the Big Game drawings.
            Ya wish they would hurry up and give me my money back.. Sucks they are holding my money when i have zero chance at a tag

Comment

Well, I can barely sleep at night waiting for New Mexico to release the draw results.

Website still shows April 23rd and now it's in bold red.

Anyone hear anything more about the delay?

Comment

I was just looking at some old pics from 2007 hunting NM unit 15, great place.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Is the Colorado draw in mid May again? Can't seem to find anything on the new DOW website.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                      Is the Colorado draw in mid May again? Can't seem to find anything on the new DOW website.
                      I believe the official date is May 30th but there will be ways to backdoor it prior to that date.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                        Well, I can barely sleep at night waiting for New Mexico to release the draw results.

Website still shows April 23rd and now it's in bold red.

Anyone hear anything more about the delay?
                        Me too! I think the way that we put in this year we got a pretty good chance of drawing.

Comment

Sure hope we hear something by 4/23.

Comment

30th will be here in no time

Comment

Good luck to those who applied.. I wont have a chance to hunt this next season so i didnt put in for anything.. Just bought Preference Points..

Comment

I heard the back door method for checking if you drew a tag in New Mexico is working.

For Elk.... Log into the state website and try and buy a License. If it allows you to add it to your cart then you d not draw. This only works if you asked for a refund if you did not draw.

If you applied for multiple species you can apply for private land licenses for those species.

Not 100% this is accurate...I hope not because I was able to add a new license to mine

Comment

Working...
                                X