Question for Auto Sales guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
    Guess so. We were there on Friday and they told us every Range Rover on that lot was already spoken for. We are gonna try looking nationally and see if that shortens things up. They have a 2023 RR Sport with 1900 miles on it at another dealer here and they want $132k for it. LMBO [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll make you a deal on a 2021 Maserati Levante GTS with 16,000 miles.[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I’ll make you a deal on a 2021 Maserati Levante GTS with 16,000 miles.[emoji6]

He should really look into this deal. The Maserati has to be more reliable than the RR.

Comment

Wife drives a Defender and we haven’t had any issues. There is a RR dealer up the road from me in Round Rock. OP-shoot me what you want and I’ll stop by there and check for you if you’d like.

Comment

Here’s how they’re making money…those units that are sold coming off the trucks….are sold at MSRP or above. They make 20 percent of the profit. Car salesmen do no want the shortage to end or it’s back to $100 minis and counting on bonuses based on the number of units sold. These guys/gals have made more money during the shortage than they ever have. Don’t feel bad for them. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Here’s how they’re making money…those units that are sold coming off the trucks….are sold at MSRP or above. They make 20 percent of the profit. Car salesmen do no want the shortage to end or it’s back to $100 minis and counting on bonuses based on the number of units sold. These guys/gals have made more money during the shortage than they ever have. Don’t feel bad for them. Lol!
            This...my local Ford guy told me he made more last year that in his life.

THey are killing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
              This...my local Ford guy told me he made more last year that in his life.

THey are killing it...
              X2

I dont know how it is right now, but a family member pre covid made $80-90k a year selling cars. After covid he was making $170k a year and said everyone in the car business had pretty much doubled their earnings.

I'll see him Easter and will have to ask if they are still making money hand over fist.

Comment

They keep making bank because people keep bending over to buy. Shortages at this point are just an excuse to keep inventory low and prices inflated. Not telling anyone how to spend their money but prices will stay high until people stop paying them.

Comment

you buy a Range Rover......you better have a extended warranty....100% sure you are gonna need it eventually.....

Selling my wife's Cayenne getting her a Toyota Hylander Hybrid and its impossible unless I want to spend $5k above MSRP...and I will not do that....

She gonna have to suffer driving the Porsche another year I guess

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    you buy a Range Rover......you better have a extended warranty....100% sure you are gonna need it eventually.....

Selling my wife's Cayenne getting her a Toyota Hylander Hybrid and its impossible unless I want to spend $5k above MSRP...and I will not do that....

She gonna have to suffer driving the Porsche another year I guess

Ditto. My wife’s RR velar was constantly in the shop the 3 years she had it.

Comment

RR

Repairs
                      Required

Comment

Question for Auto Sales guys.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-29-2023, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          And a lot of dealerships are adding extras that are mandatory like window tint, bed liner, etc. They force the customer to buy that from them and make more money per unit.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                            And a lot of dealerships are adding extras that are mandatory like window tint, bed liner, etc. They force the customer to buy that from them and make more money per unit.
                            Everything is negotiable. But in some cases the cost added is comparable to a 3rd party shop, if you want said add-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              He should really look into this deal. The Maserati has to be more reliable than the RR.

This hurt my brain. This is like saying which politician is least bad LOL

But the Maserati at least sounds pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                This hurt my brain. This is like saying which politician is least bad LOL

But the Maserati at least sounds pretty.

You may be right, but I have personally saw that rocket ship Curt’s wife has.

Comment

Working...
                                X