No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: I'm already down to 202 in a very short amount of time. The cravings for the junk are getting better. I definitely feel better already and have noticed inflammation in my joints has gotten much better. I'm eating between 1800-2200 clean calories per day. I've cut all processed foods. I'm not a beer or soda guy anyway so I'm still drinking water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea like I always do. Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal so I supplement with a protein shake per day to help. What I'm doing now is maintainable and will be successful if I just stay disciplined. The end goal is to get off of blood pressure meds, or at least greatly reduce them, and just feel better. I'm getting over covid now but plan on renewing my expired gym membership later this week.

Comment

Great report! Praise to our Lord for this. You just keep your eyes focused on Him and He will guide your path! Congratulations brother!

Comment

Great update! Those processed foods are what get ya! And the statement "Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal...", that is the truth. It's crazy how many less calories you take in without those processed foods.

Great report back, I hope to read a lot more like this.

Comment

One foot in front of the other. Literally! keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
            Has your doctor checked your testosterone level? If it is low, that will definitely contribute to your lack of energy.
            Low T is a contributor to weight gain, energy, etc. The therapy has it's own set of problems.

Comment

First, congratulations on awareness . Has to start there
              Second, make it a lifestyle you love and can easily enjoy and keep
              Third, I believe the 'why' is more important than the 'what'. Have a powerful compelling reason why you want to be healthy and that clears the focus on the " what to do" .

Lots of good tips in this thread.

Comment

Tired of being fat!

If you need a reason ‘why’ read about pre-diabetes (type 2, adult onset), the percentage of people who don’t know they have it, and the contribution lifestyle and weight make.

Among U.S. adults ages 18 years or older, 96 million—more than 1 in 3—had prediabetes in 2019. A higher percentage of men (41%) than women (32%) had prediabetes in 2017–2020, when data were adjusted by age.

Of those with prediabetes, more than 80% don't know they have it.

A Hemoglobin A1C blood test added to your blood panels at an annual physical exam tell you the 3 month average of blood glucose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Bill; 03-28-2023, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
                  I am 5'8" and was 233 back in october. I started taking Mounjaro and was able to get it for 3 months. I lost 25lbs. After that, my insurance cut me off because i was not type 2 diabetic.

I was able to get semaglutide and have been taking that. I am currently down to 192 and holding steady. I would like to lose another 12 or so lbs and get to 180.

My experience was the mounjaro was incredible! never hungry and easy to stay on diet plan. the semaglutide makes me nauseous, and sometimes very hungry after the nausea has passed. I wish I could get back on the mounjaro.
                  not bustin balls but why not adjust your diet and add some exercise instead of leaning on medication, especially one that makes you sick?

the two posts above mine are spot on.

Comment

Good job, I stepped on the scale this morning. I'm 210, down 35lbs in 11 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      If you need a reason ‘why’ read about pre-diabetes (type 2, adult onset), the percentage of people who don’t know they have it, and the contribution lifestyle and weight make.

Among U.S. adults ages 18 years or older, 96 million—more than 1 in 3—had prediabetes in 2019. A higher percentage of men (41%) than women (32%) had prediabetes in 2017–2020, when data were adjusted by age.

Of those with prediabetes, more than 80% don't know they have it.

A Hemoglobin A1C blood test added to your blood panels at an annual physical exam tell you the 3 month average of blood glucose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Ain't nobody got time for your facts and figures!

No joke, one time out west snowmobiling, we had a guy from Dallas meet us. He was bragging that the Dr said he needed to change his diet, or get on pills because he would have a heart attack. He said "I told that Dr, might as well put me on the pills because I ain't changing sh*t."

That is the mentality that leads to everything you said. Blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        You'll never out work bad nutrition. Don't eat ANY sugar or processed foods. Eat natural whole foods that came straight from a farm. Don't eat fake foods that came from a factory in fancy packaging. Eat more natural animal fats, NOT processed seed oils. Olive oil and avocadoes and avocado oil are good too. Avoid carbs. Eat protein - meat, poultry, fish, eggs, etc.... You won't need to count calories or eat less. Just stop eating junk food.

DO exercise. Strength training and HIIT. Be active. Get outside in the sun as much as you can. Stand up and walk around during the day. Don't just sit all the time. Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).
                        this is perfect description of what worked for me. i almost cut out all fried foods and rarely drink a coke, wife and i eat pretty much fish, chicken or venison every night with at least two veggie sides. i dropped 20 lbs and my blood press has gone from 140/90 to 119/60. My energy level is thru the roof.
                        just like one other post refered to... i look at old pics from 70's and 80's and you can easily see and remember that there were very few obese people. its mostly our diet now that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                          Definitely change your diet. You can’t exercise a bad diet away. It’s mostly just self control. Educate yourself on caloric content of foods and you’ll be able to eat plenty. It won’t taste as good as what you’ve been eating but how it makes you feel is worth it. You can do it. Www.calorieking.com is a good resource for finding out calorie content.
                          This!!!! it's 90% diet. I have tried everything out there and it all comes back to eating better.

Comment

Some say you can lose weight and be more healthy just by cutting back on how much you eat. Cutting back is a problem. It's SO easy to eat 2 plates when the food is SO good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              UPDATE: I'm already down to 202 in a very short amount of time. The cravings for the junk are getting better. I definitely feel better already and have noticed inflammation in my joints has gotten much better. I'm eating between 1800-2200 clean calories per day. I've cut all processed foods. I'm not a beer or soda guy anyway so I'm still drinking water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea like I always do. Eating clean, it's hard to get enough calories per meal so I supplement with a protein shake per day to help. What I'm doing now is maintainable and will be successful if I just stay disciplined. The end goal is to get off of blood pressure meds, or at least greatly reduce them, and just feel better. I'm getting over covid now but plan on renewing my expired gym membership later this week.
                              How we doing? Did you resist those Cadbury eggs over Easter?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                How we doing? Did you resist those Cadbury eggs over Easter?
                                Doing great. I'm down 13lbs total and still eating clean. I allow myself a "cheat" meal on the weekend but have been disciplined. So far it has been all diet but I hope to add exercise soon. The inflammation in my back and shoulder have gotten way better since I cut out all of the fast foods and other processed junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X