X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ice is fine. Keep the meat dry or prepare to throw it away.

Comment

Pork is different than venison/beef. If it is slimy or smells, I would toss it. If not, cut a bit off, sear it quickly and give it a test bite. If it tastes fine, proceed with processing it, if not, coyote bait.

Comment

Thanks all. I’ve left deer in the cooler for 2 weeks and never had an issue. Just wasn’t sure about hog.

It’s has fresh ice on it daily and have kept the water draining. That makes me feel better about waiting until this weekend when I’m not in a rush.

Comment

i've left hogs and deer that way for 5 days several times. curious how this turns out
            let us know!

Comment

Probably still safer than anything at a Chinese buffet.

Comment

I leave just about everything I shoot, on ice for 5-7 days. Hog my son shot this season, was a sow, and it froze outside. Single digits. I had ice on it, left it in cooler. Then took it to processor as soon as I was able to get there. Its been great!

Comment

58 degrees is what i've heard is max temp before bacteria will form .. so as long as you didn't run out of ice , i'd imagine it would be ok for a few days that way ..

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    No problem at all. It’s getting mo betta.
                    X2.

As long as it's been on ice and drained it's good to go

Comment

You fellas who leave the drain plug open. I’ve left mine open and a deer sit 4-5 days until the next weekend to process.. even adding ice on top the bottom develops a Ice layer with a small hollow spot than isn’t as cold as it needs to be. Deer ended up having a funny taste/ smell when I processed it.. anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                        You fellas who leave the drain plug open. I’ve left mine open and a deer sit 4-5 days until the next weekend to process.. even adding ice on top the bottom develops a Ice layer with a small hollow spot than isn’t as cold as it needs to be. Deer ended up having a funny taste/ smell when I processed it.. anyone else experienced this?

Yes. But I am not 100% sure it was the ice. I know what you mean in terms of ice creating that layer at top. Was not sure because deer was 5.5 and full rut. Not sure the ice or deer was the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X