Robotic pool skimmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robotic pool skimmers?

Anybody using one? Oak Trees are dropping those squiggly thing a ma jigs and I need some help.

You mean pool cleaner ? I have a Dolphin cleaner and works way better then my old pools Polaris hooked up to pressure line. Its a year old and really happy with it.

Comment

If I ever have another pool I'll be investing in a very nice pool cover that can be tightened to not sag into the water. Keeps everything out and anything that collects on it can be removed with a leaf blower. I had a polaris and this time of year you had to clean out the skimmers and polaris bag daily.

Comment

No sir, skimmer. I need to catch all the stuff on top. I have seen one on Amazon that looks like it could work, but checking here to see what any real experiences have been.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
          You mean pool cleaner ? I have a Dolphin cleaner and works way better then my old pools Polaris hooked up to pressure line. Its a year old and really happy with it.
          Which Dolphin did you get? I have a Polaris pressure side that I have rebuilt several times already and needs to be replaced. That pump runs the cleaner every day whether the pool needs it or not. It would be nice to just throw a cleaner in there a couple times a week.

Comment

You can program when the booster pump so its not running every day.

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
            Which Dolphin did you get? I have a Polaris pressure side that I have rebuilt several times already and needs to be replaced. That pump runs the cleaner every day whether the pool needs it or not. It would be nice to just throw a cleaner in there a couple times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
              I second the Dolphin. I can program it with my phone and turn it off and on as needed from anywhere because it is connected to my WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                No sir, skimmer. I need to catch all the stuff on top. I have seen one on Amazon that looks like it could work, but checking here to see what any real experiences have been.
                I have the Amazon aiper. It works well, or good enough in between the pool guys weekly cleaning. I've actually had some warranty work done on it. The first one got water in the motor. After some wrangling, amazon sent me a new motor. It's what you pay for.

Comment

We have had our pool for 15 or 16 years. We have lots of large, old live oaks all around it and every spring we deal with falling leaves and squigglies.
                  We had a high dollar pool cover for several years, but it was impossible for us to maintain the right chemical balance and to keep everything out of the pool (from certain areas for our odd-shaped pool), plus my black lab loved running across it. The cleaner and filter were constantly needing cleaning.
                  Our solution, which we are very happy with and will continue: Turn off the pump around the first of March (as the live oaks start their transition). Let the pool go - it becomes a swamp. Once the trees are finished dropping leaves, squigglies, and pollen, we drain the pool (cheap Northern Tool pump), pressure wash it, and fill it back up.
                  Now, our situation is different than some because we are on a well and it costs only a few dollars of electricity to fill the pool - we don't pay for the water. But it solves our issues and gets the pool off to a fresh start each year. We just have to deal with an ugly swamp in our backyard for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                    We have had our pool for 15 or 16 years. We have lots of large, old live oaks all around it and every spring we deal with falling leaves and squigglies.
                    We had a high dollar pool cover for several years, but it was impossible for us to maintain the right chemical balance and to keep everything out of the pool (from certain areas for our odd-shaped pool), plus my black lab loved running across it. The cleaner and filter were constantly needing cleaning.
                    Our solution, which we are very happy with and will continue: Turn off the pump around the first of March (as the live oaks start their transition). Let the pool go - it becomes a swamp. Once the trees are finished dropping leaves, squigglies, and pollen, we drain the pool (cheap Northern Tool pump), pressure wash it, and fill it back up.
                    Now, our situation is different than some because we are on a well and it costs only a few dollars of electricity to fill the pool - we don't pay for the water. But it solves our issues and gets the pool off to a fresh start each year. We just have to deal with an ugly swamp in our backyard for a few weeks.
                    I did that one year and then found a local guy that had his own pool cleaning business with one employee. Didn't seem like they took on every job that came to them just enough to stay busy because they were always there the same time every week. He only charged me $50 a week to clean it and maintain the chemicals. The $50 included chemicals as well. That was the best $50 I spent every week. I tried one of the big name places to manage my pool and they were twice the price of this guy and didn't have a set schedule on when they came just when they got around to me.

Comment

I had the Polaris 360 for years. Earlier this year I sold it and bought a dolphin, I highly recommend it, I wish I would’ve bought it long ago. This is the one I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dolphin S200 ...trouble free so far and cleans really good.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                          Our solution, which we are very happy with and will continue: Turn off the pump around the first of March (as the live oaks start their transition). Let the pool go - it becomes a swamp. Once the trees are finished dropping leaves, squigglies, and pollen, we drain the pool (cheap Northern Tool pump), pressure wash it, and fill it back up.:
                          It’s been 19 years for us. Just had the pool completely redone and was looking for a solution for these oaks. Think I am going to pull the trigger on that robotic skimmer on Amazon. Ain’t no way my wife will agree to go on your plan.

Comment

We have a manual pool surface cleaner for pesky live oak leaves and flowers. It's called Mule Skinner with a skimmer net on a telescopic pole.

Comment

Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus for me. It's awesome! Way better than a smaller machine. Pay once and get it over with. Pool guys are a lot more expensive in Lubbock.

Comment

Working...
                              X