Chasing #28!!!!! Polar Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    What in the world do you wear in -20 degree weather all day? Battery powered heated vest??

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Layers!!!! I am not taking any of the heated stuff. Won't be able to charge it after we head out. No power for at least 10 days or until bear is killed. I have a bunch of hand and foot warmers. I will wear a light wool base layer, heavy wool layer, vest, puffy coat and then bids and parka over the top. The Inuit community gives you some arctic clothing to wear as an outer layer. That's boots, bids and parka. Is that enough to stay warm? I have no idea! I will at least take off the parka, goggles and any thick face covering to shoot. Also, will take off heavy gloves and just wear liners to shoot. I bought two new releases that are bigger to allow for better fit with gloves on(ultra view large releases vs medium). They did have a bowhunter 2 years ago that was hunting muskox. Apparently he took his gloves off to shoot but it took a while to get the shot. He got frostbite and lost 3 fingers. I am also taking a sleeping bag that is rated to -40. It's a beast!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
      Living the dream. I have always had an interest in bear hunting, especially a polar bear. I will be going on my first black bear hunt in a couple of weeks. Hope you have a great hunt and look forward to your recap.
      Good luck on the hunt! I have truly enjoyed hunting everything and love the variety. Bears are always fun. You will enjoy it and hopefully kill a good one.

Comment

Did you freezer test the releases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
          Did you freezer test the releases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I have not. Thought about it but haven't. I also have some concern about my arrow rests. But, I'm shooting hamskea limb driven rests. I figure that inertia from the limb recoil will make them work. I may throw the releases in the freezer today. Although, they will likely be in my pocket until the shot. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

Good luck!!!!!

Comment

This is intense! Good luck and safe travels Doc.

Comment

Coca Cola bear!

Good luck man! This is awesome

Comment

Good luck, Doc, can’t wait for the adventure to start!

Comment

I will be enjoying this epic hunt sitting on my 68 degree leather couch with a cup of Joe in hand.

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Good luck Doc!! That is going to be an amazing trip.

My only issue with your gear, what are you taking with you to make sure you are able to give us continuous updates. 10 days once you get there is too long for us to wait!
                        Last edited by BigRed323; 03-26-2023, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Sounds exciting!! Best of luck!! Stay safe and have a great adventure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Coca Cola bear!

Good luck man! This is awesome
                            I made a promise to my friends and family that I will not shoot any bear that talks or is holding a Coke. I have my limits!!!!

Comment

Good luck. Following along

Comment

Good luck sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X