Nueces River spring trip #6 - Starts now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    Yeah, we have a little bit of cut bait now. Prefer all big live baits but this will work. Lol

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    Wow that’s a big gun. Gonna see some big blues now I’m sure.

Comment

Blues love carp. Much better than Buffalo. Gar like it too.

Comment

Headed south - 1475 miles to go!

It's 3° here this morning. I sure won't be missing that for the next couple of weeks!

Comment

Dangitman, be careful drivin'!!

Comment

Will be 90 here today so a tad warmer.

Had a monster gar break a 16/0 hook yesterday. Thought the tree had plenty of give. Gar slime was about 6' up the line.

Comment

Tim, you ever tried tying an old inner-tube in the line as a shock check? I bet it would work. We used to do that for the rope/hook set up we used offshore to hook onto the rigs... kept the boat from hard checking against the end of the rope when the water was a bit rough...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Tim, you ever tried tying an old inner-tube in the line as a shock check? I bet it would work. We used to do that for the rope/hook set up we used offshore to hook onto the rigs... kept the boat from hard checking against the end of the rope when the water was a bit rough...
                We would tie in a rubber bungie on our stump line sets for flatheads

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Thats what my dad use3d when we ran them on the Colorado many years ago. He would always have old bike tubes laying around.

Comment

Tim, you need a strong back to throw a castnet for ya? Im off for the next week or so and can throw a net like no other. I don't even need a place to stay, I'm only about an hr away.

Comment

The trees we tie to have a good bit of stretch. We tie way back but wrap the line around limbs all the way out.

I know the tube trick when tying to stumps. But I just think these 200-300# gar are just nearly unstoppable when first hooked. Too much power. Would be like catching a 200# bull shark off the beach with no drag.

BangBang - Maybe you can come out Tuesday. I'll send you a PM.

Water has turned to crap. But did catch a couple small blues today and I think whites are biting better off the dock. Need some water flow!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        Yeah, we have a little bit of cut bait now. Prefer all big live baits but this will work. Lol

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
                        Bet that put up a fun fight.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it!

Comment

Looks like you guys are having a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                              Made it!
                              Good deal Joe!

Comment

Spent the day in Sinton watching my daughter do horse races.
                                Swung by Canoe1's place and he hooked us up with 18/0 shark hooks we plan to put out tomorrow.
                                He also send us packing with some crawfish boil. Oneeye ate as many as he could before we jetted off in the boat. We didn't have long but caught a few baits.

Comment

Working...
                                X