Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?
    Jog a mile every other day, get it to 3 miles over two months. Do your normal workout in the gym, but use 3/4 the weight. Just increase the reps from 10 to 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Sending you a PM on some videos that show some shoulder rehabilitation exercises. I would highly recommend seeking out a good physical therapist in your area.
      Thanks. I did a search and found a few I tried yesterday. They didn't seem to aggravate it so that's good.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      OP, just saw your calorie tracker. That seems like a pretty good improvement. You know what works for you. Do those things, and avoid everything else. Always easier said than done.
      It has already made a huge difference. I've already lost 7lbs since I started last Friday. Cutting my calorie intake from 4-5000 calories per day to 2000-2300 per day and eating better foods is already doing good things. I made a trip to the store to stock up on some healthier options. I'm not starving at all and actually have way more energy since I've cut out the processed crap.

Comment

I blew my shoulder out few years ago from lifting heavy. Got surgery and it tore again about a year later. No plans to get it fixed again. I just shifted my focus to endurance. Biking, Running. My shoulder is good enough for pull ups and push ups. I focus on those those for upper body and the rest is my legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Sending you a PM on some videos that show some shoulder rehabilitation exercises. I would highly recommend seeking out a good physical therapist in your area.
          Agreed, the ones I learned after surgery I used after it tore again to bring my strength up enough to do pull/push ups.

You can strengthen the little muscles around the joint and it does help a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            Thanks. I did a search and found a few I tried yesterday. They didn't seem to aggravate it so that's good.

It has already made a huge difference. I've already lost 7lbs since I started last Friday. Cutting my calorie intake from 4-5000 calories per day to 2000-2300 per day and eating better foods is already doing good things. I made a trip to the store to stock up on some healthier options. I'm not starving at all and actually have way more energy since I've cut out the processed crap.
            It's wild, isn't it? That afternoon haze goes away real fast when you cut out the processed food!

Comment

Oh man, I am in the exact same spot as stated in your first post.

I am 46 and at the heaviest in my life. 6'1" and 240 and was at my fittest only a few years ago. No energy, putting on weight a lot faster and trouble doing physical things that used to come easy.

Shoulders are good, but knees not so much. I got a cheap stationary bike a couple weeks ago and trying to get on it daily. Not always successful.

I know I need to lower the intake of things like beer and bread, but that is tough.

My wife started the Carnivore diet a few days ago and says she already lost 8 pounds. A buddy's wife lost over 50lbs since December on it.

Good luck on your efforts.

J

Comment

Good on you for accepting your situation. Seems like you are on a good start and lean on TBH and your family/friends to keep you accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                  I went from 6'2 286 to 201 in 4 months. Intermittent fasting with a window from 11am to 7pm. Cut my portions in half and dont snack. Watch sugar and drinking calories. I work out 4 to 5 days a week but Always have done that. I do metcon style workouts. Circuit training. I will say that your diet will determine results man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

impressive

in last 5 years, i've had two shoulder\bicep\tricep\rotator cuff rebuild and a complete hip replacement and a heat stroke. it took the fire right out of me as far as working out goes.

so you eat every day between 11-7? or only certain days?

Comment

ppppsssshhhhhhh 215lbs at 5'11" you should look pretty dagum good. I am 5'11" and am pushing 245/250. I dont think i look that bad either but could stand to loose about 30/40 myself.

Comment

Quit cold turkey- fast foods, sugar, carbohydrates and beer. Eat meat, eggs, cheese and vegetables. See how you do in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut out dairy and see what happens. Amazing results!!

Comment

I tried that, it doesn’t work

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                            Man after reading all this I must be a fat slob!!!, 5'6 66 years old and 235, I would love to be 215

God Bless
                            Bish

215 and 236 are smaller than I want to get. My final weight that I'm targeting is 250. My short term goal is 315 by May.

That said I've dropped almost 15 pounds in 2 weeks by eating fewer carbs, less fast foods, and by intermittent fasting. Try to fast in the morning. Extend your fast from the night before until noon. First week was hard to do that. Also trying to get my exercise in during the fast so I'm burning fat instead of food for energy.

Comment

I am 5'8" and was 233 back in october. I started taking Mounjaro and was able to get it for 3 months. I lost 25lbs. After that, my insurance cut me off because i was not type 2 diabetic.

I was able to get semaglutide and have been taking that. I am currently down to 192 and holding steady. I would like to lose another 12 or so lbs and get to 180.

My experience was the mounjaro was incredible! never hungry and easy to stay on diet plan. the semaglutide makes me nauseous, and sometimes very hungry after the nausea has passed. I wish I could get back on the mounjaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Quit cold turkey- fast foods, sugar, carbohydrates and beer. Eat meat, eggs, cheese and vegetables. See how you do in a month.

If OP is working out I would certainly add fresh fruit and some healthy carbs for energy (oat meal and wild rice in moderation).

Comment

Working...
                                X