No announcement yet.

Nueces River spring trip #6 - Starts now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could make it out for a day or two, but doesn’t look like I’ll get a chance to this year.

Comment

Some pics of tonight's gar. Getting these big ones in the boat is harder than most people think.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is awesome. Keep em coming.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

What’s an estimate on the gar’s weight? 120 130lbs?
          That’s a big fish!

Comment

You need to go ahead and make a hoop to land gar with. Super easy. Go to any bigger store and buy a 15ft laminated dog tie out cable with snaps on each end. Cut it in half and you have two perfect gar landers. You can tie it to a handle or use as is. Just go around the gar at the gills an snap the cable back onto its self . Pull forward an it will tighten up and catch his gill plates. Pull him right in. Two people can pull if needed.

Comment

We landed a few

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome trip. Love the big flats

Comment

The deck of that red boat gives me anxiety.

Comment

Starting to get ready for the trip down! Leaving early Friday morning & really looking forward to getting out of the snow and cold.

Comment

Caught another gar 50-60 pounds But that was it today.

Going out after a rest to catch bait. Zero good bait found this morning.

Comment

Good luck Tim!

Comment

Well we threw nets for miles today. Didnt get much but at least will have cut buffalo for tonight.

No one can find the white bass. they're either back in the lake or far up river. Neither makes sense for this time of year.

Things will change before Oneeye gets here. Either way we will give them hell trying!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Well we threw nets for miles today. Didnt get much but at least will have cut buffalo for tonight.

No one can find the white bass. they're either back in the lake or far up river. Neither makes sense for this time of year.

Things will change before Oneeye gets here. Either way we will give them hell trying!
                            Did you go up to the 59 bridge and throw a net by the concrete pillars?

Comment

Tim, you got any perch traps? We used to use clover-leaf traps and regular old white bread... If a school of shad happens by, they will literally fill up a trap, otherwise, you can catch plenty of sunfish, bream, goggle-eye and similar about 3 fingers size in 'em...

Comment

Yeah, we have a little bit of cut bait now. Prefer all big live baits but this will work. Lol

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X