No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0 mph with a 12 incline on a treadmill for 30-45 min 3x’s a week. When that starts getting easy slowly increase both

Comment

Abs are made in the kitchen. You can’t outwork a bad diet learn to control your intake and it will all come together. Treat your calories like a budget write everything down so you know where it is going because once you see it on paper it’s tangible and easier to control and monitor.

Comment

Same boat, Started Jan 1st at 61 years old 5'11" 240lbs, as of now im 218lbs, goal is 200 lbs.
        Been doing Keto and only drinking one day a week.

Comment

What should you avoid lifting wise? Anything that fully extends your elbow, which puts tons of stress on your shoulder. Think cable flys, butterflies, etc...Row's are really good for strengthening the remaining muscles in your shoulder, which will get the shoulder back in the right place. Strengthening your back muscles should be the #1 thing you work out.

Second, avoid all foods that cause inflammation, which makes your shoulder hurt worse. That includes tomatoes, any snack foods like chips, etc...and carbs. If you can cut back on carbs, rid your diet of the tomato based sauces, it will go a long way. Stay away from processed foods like ketchup, french fries, bread.

I love bread, and that last one is the hardest I've dealt with. Cut back my intake significantly, but I'll never stop. Also, consider getting on a multi-vitamin. Jocko Joint warfare will help with the joint pain, and help reduce the pain in knees from inflammation.

Good luck!

Comment

I throw my 2 cents in for whatever its worth.

1. Stop eating fast food. It taste great by design, but is absolutely awful for you for dozens of reasons.

2. Stay away from all the processed and artificial foods in the grocery stores. FYI most of the time "naturally flavored" means flavored with chemicals that taste like natural foods.

3. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Organic if you can afford it. less potential to contain glyphosate, bifenthrin and other harmful chemicals.

**Next time you are at Krogers or wherever you grocery shop look at all the adults in the 50-70 years range who are overweight and **** near deformed looking. Always the same junk in the carts. Its sad because they came from a generation where they did not have as much information as we do now to know better. And you can see the results.

Comment

Cut out chips, bread, and potatoes. Eat smaller portions and eat lite at night no later than 3 hours before bedtime. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. Drink ice cold water before your meals will contract the stomach and make you feel full faster. Walk as much as your body pain will allow.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                90% diet and 10% exercise for weight loss...but dont' lose sight that weight lifting will reduce fat look and make you healthier. Even just doing exercises with light weights or body weight helps.

My body doesn't do well with sugars and carbs and keto works well for me along with intermitment fasting. I have found I can easily survive with one meal per day.
                Exactly the same for me.

Comment

Come build my pool and you will feel a lot better!

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                    Come build my pool and you will feel a lot better!
                    Just move an hour west to Livingston and I'll take care of you!

Comment

I'm 52 years old. I weighed in at 103 at the doc yesterday. Arthritis in my left knee. Had knee surgery in 2019. bad feet. I look like a skinny guy with a big gut. I have tried and tried to get rid of the gut but can't do it. After I retired from the Army in 2008 seems like my health went down hill. My job now, I sit behind a desk all day and eat 2 plates at supper every night. I'm always tired. Not sure what to do about it.

Comment

Keto. Less than 25 carbs a day and no sugar. I dropped 60#’s with it in 6 months. I eat some carbs now but not too many. It’s pretty easy once the lbs start to come off you’ll want to stick with it.

Dropped 2 blood pressure meds. Labs look awesome.

Comment

Man after reading all this I must be a fat slob!!!, 5'6 66 years old and 235, I would love to be 215

God Bless
                          Bish

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            I drink tons of water and don’t eat till dinner…. It’s easy and keeps me straight.
                            I think you just opened the vault and revealed the best kept secret..

When I was a teenager back in the 80's 99% of everyone I knew was thin and in good shape. We where ALL active.. A lot of us still talk about those days. None of us remember eating much if any and if we did it was once a day and very little.. There dang sure weren't fast food joints open allowing people to eat 24/7..
                            If you go to the beach today and see today's "beach bodies" that has completed flip flopped...
                            It has nothing to do with hormones and T therapy.. It all about what you eat and how you move..
                            Pharmaceuticals are not the answer. They never are.
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 03-17-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                              Man after reading all this I must be a fat slob!!!, 5'6 66 years old and 235, I would love to be 215

God Bless

Bish

Follow the “diet” I posted. Beer and bread were the hardest for me to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                                I think you just opened the vault and revealed the best kept secret..

When I was a teenager back in the 80's 99% of everyone I knew was thin and in good shape. We where ALL active.. A lot of us still talk about those days. None of us remember eating much if any and if we did it was once a day and very little.. There dang sure weren't fast food joints open allowing people to eat 24/7..
                                If you go to the beach today and see today's "beach bodies" that has completed flip flopped...
                                It has nothing to do with hormones and T therapy.. It all about what you eat and how you move..
                                Pharmaceuticals are not the answer. They never are.

When I was a teenager back in the 60's-70's it was the same way...
                                When we were in school, we could bring a note from our parents and beginning May1, we could go barefooted at school or wear shoes to school and take 'em off to play outside at recess... And the bike racks were full of bikes... none of them locked up either.

Comment

Working...
                                X