Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Start walking and eating better and drink water. These things alone will greatly help 90% of people

This is what I’ve done and dropped 30 lbs since the first of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
      Bad shoulders, bad elbows and stiff back most days. I lift and just deal with the pain. You may notice in church, I kinda have to help my left arm sometimes. We have switched from real heavy bench press with the bar and went to 150 lbs. dumbells and it has helped a bunch. The bar puts too much stress on my shoulders. I did take 6 months off, to try and help them heal, but that lasted about two weeks after I went back to the gym.

I will say when I am trying to drop weight counting my macros is what works best for me.
      150 dumbbells Holy crap

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Don't go on a diet just make healthier choices. You can't maintain these crazy diets. If it falls off fast, it comes on just as fast or faster. They wanted to put me on blood pressure medication about a month ago. I picked my cardio up, and it is down to normal. There are plenty of gyms in your town. Good luck Brother

Yah you're right about the fad diets. I just have to get back into the right habits again. My goal is to get off these dang meds and feel better.

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
        Bad shoulders, bad elbows and stiff back most days. I lift and just deal with the pain. You may notice in church, I kinda have to help my left arm sometimes. We have switched from real heavy bench press with the bar and went to 150 lbs. dumbells and it has helped a bunch. The bar puts too much stress on my shoulders. I did take 6 months off, to try and help them heal, but that lasted about two weeks after I went back to the gym.

I will say when I am trying to drop weight counting my macros is what works best for me.
        Yah knowing my macros really helped me back when I was staying fit. I do enjoy working out, or at least I used to so I'll have to figure out what doesn't kill my shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          5'11" and 215 ....man thats not fat at all. Good luck on your venture though.

Agreed….

You’d have to have zero muscle to be fat at 5’11” and 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's simple if you have the discipline. 3500 calories in 1 pound of fat. Reduce your caloric intake and get on a consistent aerobic program so you are burning more calories than you take in. If you run a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Cutting out all empty calories is a good start. Do you drink alcohol or sodas?

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              Agreed….

You’d have to have zero muscle to be fat at 5’11” and 215.

Cables are an old man's friend. lol

I was meaning to quote Pineywoods
              Last edited by trhunter; 03-17-2023, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                150 dumbbells Holy crap

Yea I can't seem to learn my lesson about heavy weight. I workout with my son who is 24, so I can't let him out do me.

Comment

Just remember, you didn't put the weight on overnight and it won't come off overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                    It's simple if you have the discipline. 3500 calories in 1 pound of fat. Reduce your caloric intake and get on a consistent aerobic program so you are burning more calories than you take in. If you run a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Cutting out all empty calories is a good start. Do you drink alcohol or sodas?

Hogboy
                    I don't drink alcohol or any drinks with sugar. My biggest weakness is portion control and sweets. I'll eat 3 hamburgers for supper then eat a box of girl scout cookies for a snack. I've always had a huge appetite which I used to be able to get away with because I would burn a crazy amount of calories per day. I know that if I were to just cut my calorie intake to <2500 calories per day it would make a huge difference.

Comment

I’ve always struggled to keep weight off. I could lose it then put it right back on! About 2yrs ago I started to not eat ANY carbs. Since then I’ve been able to keep weight off. I’ll eat fruit and fresh vegetables but nothing with “artificial” sugars or carbs.

Comment

I was exactly where you are when I was your age less any medications. I had enough. I started eating correctly and working out 5 days a week. One thing I’ll tell you is it is impossible to out exercise a bad diet. Your diet is at least 80% of the equation in my opinion. I’m the same height and have been 185lbs give or take a few since I made my lifestyle change.

Regarding your shoulder, stop doing any presses of any kind. This includes overhead. Do internal and external rotation with light weights and slowly increase as your shoulder gets stronger. Do various rows and lat pull downs. By strengthening the muscles around your torn cuff muscle it will help tremendously. I currently have 2 torn cuff muscles and these things have helped eliminate almost all of my pain and discomfort.

Any questions send me a pm. Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          I'll eat 3 hamburgers for supper then eat a box of girl scout cookies for a snack.
                          Well it looks like you've identified the problem, dietary discipline. Good luck on your quest for a healthier life.

Comment

Have you tried intermittent fasting? Takes a couple of weeks to get used to, but I needed to lose 10-15 lbs a couple of years ago, and I just got disciplined about not eating after 8 pm, and not eating again until lunch. Coffee and lots of water in the morning instead.

Nice thing is you can still eat good food for lunch and dinner. 2500 calories over 2 meals means you can still eat chips and queso instead of diving that over 3 meals.

Losing weight is just math, burn more calories than you take in, and it’s a lot more effective to find ways to reduce input. The human body is incredibly efficient so exercise alone is harder than a combined approach

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I was exactly where you are when I was your age less any medications. I had enough. I started eating correctly and working out 5 days a week. One thing I’ll tell you is it is impossible to out exercise a bad diet. Your diet is at least 80% of the equation in my opinion. I’m the same height and have been 185lbs give or take a few since I made my lifestyle change.

Regarding your shoulder, stop doing any presses of any kind. This includes overhead. Do internal and external rotation with light weights and slowly increase as your shoulder gets stronger. Do various rows and lat pull downs. By strengthening the muscles around your torn cuff muscle it will help tremendously. I currently have 2 torn cuff muscles and these things have helped eliminate almost all of my pain and discomfort.

Any questions send me a pm. Good luck!!!

Thanks! Yah, the pressing motion or anything overhead absolutely kills my shoulder. I'll keep this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                I don't drink alcohol or any drinks with sugar. My biggest weakness is portion control and sweets. I'll eat 3 hamburgers for supper then eat a box of girl scout cookies for a snack. I've always had a huge appetite which I used to be able to get away with because I would burn a crazy amount of calories per day. I know that if I were to just cut my calorie intake to <2500 calories per day it would make a huge difference.
                                Portion control is easier if you drink a lot of water while you eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X