No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fasting is what helped me. I now just eat dinner during the week. I just have my wife double the protein for dinner. Took a while to get used to, it is mostly mental. Saves a bunch of time too. No more meal prep on Sundays. Shorter lunch break, as I just take a 15 minute walk. Also, no mid afternoon drowsiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Josh, my blood pressure was going bonkers too... Have taken Lisionopril for many, many years and it worked well for me with no bad side effects... Then all of a sudden it stopped working... BP was all over the map... Now (and I'm back on Lisionpril) my blood pressure morning and evening runs 126/63 or so... No more hearing my heartbeat in by ears, pounding headaches, or just feeling crappy...

You mentioned something in your posts that you can't seem to get others in your family/household to get motivated to eat right... I'd say it's time for a little heart to heart with your bride... She's gonna have the same problem, kids too if they eat junk all the time... I'll admit it does make it better if everyone is on the same page and similar goals.
      I will pray for this specifically Josh. Wouldn't be a bad thing to mention from the pulpit... ask for prayer and support... just an idea. You know prayer works! I'll join you!

Comment

90% diet and 10% exercise for weight loss...but dont' lose sight that weight lifting will reduce fat look and make you healthier. Even just doing exercises with light weights or body weight helps.

My body doesn't do well with sugars and carbs and keto works well for me along with intermitment fasting. I have found I can easily survive with one meal per day.
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          Burpees, navy seal, air squats

Sets of ten as many as you can do for 20 minutes a day.

Leave those weights alone…they only hurt us old men lol
          At my age burpees will put me 6’ under! Worst exercise ever! 🤣

Comment

Tired of being fat!

I’ve had 4 shoulder surgeries and both collarbone are out so I feel your pain. I ride a bike hard and that keeps me chasing Elk.

Also don’t eat anything white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by 7sdad; 03-16-2023, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              At my age burpees will put me 6’ under! Worst exercise ever! 🤣
              Might be tough on the bad shoulder as well.

Comment

Lots of good info here. What you should take from.most of it is find what works for you.
                Keep in mind: you can not exercise yourself skinny. Weight loss is 70% diet( at least) and 30% exercise. Don't try "diets" they're just a temporary fix( most people won't and can't live the rest of their lives on a diet). Moderation in all things...... and cut out the bad food..... but don't forget to have a cheat meal( a meal not a day which turns into a weekend which turns into a week) just watch portions. THINK BEFORE YOU EAT. This is how much and what I'm going to eat and stick.to.it. At restaurants you and tour wife split a meal. If you dont.want to split it when the waitress brings your food ask for a to go box BEFORE YOU TAKE A BITE and put half of your food in the box before you start eating. At first it'll feel like your cheating yourself. In a couple if weeks you'll wonder how you ever ate like you did. And you will.lose weight. Exercise? Weights,cardio,crossfit,whatever! Start out walking at a good pace for 30-45 minutes. Then work in some push ups, air squats etc.... just keep moving. Don't worry about how much weight you lift. No one cares. Just be consistent. Good luck and have fun with it. If it becomes work you'll never stay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                  You don’t even have to work out, just quit stuffing yourself. Working out and still stuffing not going to help ya.
                  This right here.^^

Comment

Dang, I haven’t seen 215lbs since middle school……..

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?
                      Pineywoods,

I sent you a PM. Give me a holler and I can steer you towards something that does work, but you have to apply yourself and does take self-discipline and commitment as I was in a similar situation as yours and stumbled across it from someone I know that was in a worse situation than me that helped them greatly too. I'm not a scammer or a telemarketer just looking to extend you some help if you want to give me a shout. It's easier for me to talk rather than type it.

Comment

Keto, treadmill, and stair climbers will do the job.

Comment

You have to find what works for YOU. Try things and see what stick. Mental part is the hard part. Sounds like mentally you are there or close. 2 years ago at age 50 I was where you are. I’m 5’8” and was 200lbs. Now I am 175 and in the best shape of my life it feels like. How? Well what worked for me was eating 1 time a day and eating whatever the heck I wanted to! I also started CrossFit 4 days a week. I chose the CrossFit for cardio and strength. I also chose CrossFit because I personally needed the competition aspect of it and you can scale the workouts. I did not have the mental strength to do the workout thing on my own but in a group I’ll be dang if I am going to back down! I went down to about 155 and have put on muscle. Now I may cheat on the weekend meals from time to time. I don’t have a sugar in drinks. Again, this is what works for ME and what works for YOU could be different but IT IS DOABLE!!!! Also, once you settle in on something then FORCE yourself to stick with it at least a month then it typically will become YOUR new norm and you will miss it if you don’t do it. Trust me, I have to force myself to keep going to CrossFit because I thought I was dying but now if I miss a class I feel bad. Same with the food, thought I would starve to death first 2 weeks and now it is just the norm and I don’t get hungry until dinner time. Best of luck!

Comment

I'm similar to your build. 5-11 & 205
                            I went through a phase where i thought I wanted to add muscle or bulk back about 5 years ago at age 44. Was taking whey protein and working out. I definitely got stronger and bulked up in chest & arms but felt like crap. I think i got to 212-215 but just felt heavy and tired.
                            I did the complete opposite. Changed diet drastically, stopped protein intake and started walking fast and alternating jogging to finally running about 1-1/2 miles every other day. Started pushing good pace and got to sub 7 mile rate.
                            Went from 212 lbs to 169 lbs and even flagged the medical system when I went in for next DR visit. They were concerned at first with sudden weight loss. I had to explain lol
                            Running did it for me on good weight loss. Good luck

Comment

Don't go on a diet just make healthier choices. You can't maintain these crazy diets. If it falls off fast, it comes on just as fast or faster. They wanted to put me on blood pressure medication about a month ago. I picked my cardio up, and it is down to normal. There are plenty of gyms in your town. Good luck Brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bad shoulders, bad elbows and stiff back most days. I lift and just deal with the pain. You may notice in church, I kinda have to help my left arm sometimes. We have switched from real heavy bench press with the bar and went to 150 lbs. dumbells and it has helped a bunch. The bar puts too much stress on my shoulders. I did take 6 months off, to try and help them heal, but that lasted about two weeks after I went back to the gym.

I will say when I am trying to drop weight counting my macros is what works best for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X