No announcement yet.

2023 Workout Accountability Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started back with training Monday! Been a long time away. Looking to drop about 30lbs and just be more healthy. Main goal is to not get injured and retrain my brain that I dont have to go wide open. I ain’t competing and I ain’t comparing. Balance

Comment

Got in a 3 mile jog after work yesterday. Back and biceps done this morning, going to get another run in this afternoon. On day 5 of 75 hard, not a fan of the two workouts a day but plan on keeping it going!

Comment

Legs and cardio done…. I remember how much i despise leg day now….

Comment

I just had a great weight training work out.

I went Squats, Rows, 30° Benchpress, and Overhead Press, all 3x8-10. I then went in to 3 isolation exercises and went with EZ Bar Curls, Front Plate Raises, and KB Swings (KB Swings are more full body, I guess), all 3x8-10.

My thought is to build full body work outs around the "big 5": Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Bench, and OHP and add 2-4 isolation exercises at the end for various parts of my body. I was reading that squats and deadlifts aren't the greatest to do together, then also read that deadlifts for guys over 40 aren't the best idea. The information out there between reading, youtube, friends, etc. is overwhelming so who knows what to believe? The one thing I do know is that doing a non-perfect routine is 1000000x better than doing nothing while you're still searching for the perfect routine. I want to do weights 3 days a week (1-2 days off in between) and sprinkle cardio in between or alongside of these workouts.

My focus this year is to drop weight and to gain functional strength. I have zero interest in getting jacked but I do want to be generally stronger and hit the golf ball further. I am a big dude and could stand to drop 100+ pounds. It won't be easy but I have a 50lb goal for 2023. Let's see what we can do.

Any information on the weight training routine I have above would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
            I just had a great weight training work out.

I went Squats, Rows, 30° Benchpress, and Overhead Press, all 3x8-10. I then went in to 3 isolation exercises and went with EZ Bar Curls, Front Plate Raises, and KB Swings (KB Swings are more full body, I guess), all 3x8-10.

My thought is to build full body work outs around the "big 5": Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Bench, and OHP and add 2-4 isolation exercises at the end for various parts of my body. I was reading that squats and deadlifts aren't the greatest to do together, then also read that deadlifts for guys over 40 aren't the best idea. The information out there between reading, youtube, friends, etc. is overwhelming so who knows what to believe? The one thing I do know is that doing a non-perfect routine is 1000000x better than doing nothing while you're still searching for the perfect routine. I want to do weights 3 days a week (1-2 days off in between) and sprinkle cardio in between or alongside of these workouts.

My focus this year is to drop weight and to gain functional strength. I have zero interest in getting jacked but I do want to be generally stronger and hit the golf ball further. I am a big dude and could stand to drop 100+ pounds. It won't be easy but I have a 50lb goal for 2023. Let's see what we can do.

Any information on the weight training routine I have above would be greatly appreciated.

Stick to the basic proven programs like 5x5s, then progress into something like 5/3/1s. They follow the general guideline of what you are already thinking (big lifts with very little accessory) and they work.

Comment

Knocked out a 2.25 mile run last night and headed to the gym now for chest and tri’s

Comment

2 miles down last night, hit legs this morning at the gym.

Comment

I woke up at midnight and my mind started working so I didn't make it this morning. Try again on Monday.

Comment

Legs yesterday. Today was 30 minutes steep incline treadmill at a quick walk for 30 minutes. Please with progress so far. 18 lbs down since Thanksgiving and ready to keep losing more.

Comment

Chest, Triceps and cardio

Down 6 since Sunday morning

Comment

Did legs yesterday and ran out of energy so planning on arms and core today… going to let the afternoon rush die down before heading out there.

Comment

Skipped Thursday, for some reason being up from 1:30-4 in the morning made it really tough to get up at 5:30. Got back into it this morning, did a 30 minute bis and tris workout to start the day. I need to get back into running again, maybe next week I can start working that in.

Comment

Legs yesterday …… today hating myself. Today chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did an hr on the treadmill, then some push ups, superman planks, just starting mtntough. Like it so far this week.

Comment

First workout wasn’t as planned. Ended up with a three mile hike with the family and about 50 push-ups / squats while they took breaks

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                                X