X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Zins and Banded

Good luck Bill

Comment

Tagged out on bulls opening week on CO public land. Headed back to Texas today, lost weight but hauling a heavier load.

This hunt was an absolute grind and the most physically demanding thing I’ve ever done.

The best part about it was being fully apart of and witnessing each of our encounters, shots, kills, crashes, recovery and pack outs together. I watch zins bull expire from 30yds away, and we watched mine tip over 200yds away together. I have GoPro footage of all of zins bull. I turned my GoPro on when my bull closed 60yds, I hope I got the shot at 37yds, the fall over and our excitement immediately afterwards, but when I took my go pro off my head it was not on. I believe the battery died shortly after turning it on.

The plans we made were spot on and executed exactly as prescribed. 3:30am wake ups, followed by 45min drive, hike started at 4:45am to climb over 1,000’ in elevation for over a mile in distance just to start our hunt well before day break.

We made one hell of a team together and some incredible memories I’ll never forget. Met some fellow hunters back on the mountain again this year and enjoyed reuniting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zin and Mr. Public props to you gentlemen!!!! That is awesome!!!!!

OTC or draw unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          We leave Monday as well from San Antonio heading to New Mexico (Angel Fire).
          Cebolla for me and good luck to you.

Comment

Congrats gents, that's a huge accomplishment going 2 fer DIY on public land.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
              Zin and Mr. Public props to you gentlemen!!!! That is awesome!!!!!

OTC or draw unit?

This is a draw unit

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                This is a draw unit

Good deal, glad you cashed in on your points and made it happen!

Comment

Congrats fellas!

Comment

Congrats guys! Way to go.

I feel like “the shoemaker’s kids are bare foot” living in elk country. Didn’t see any today, have not heard a bugle yet. Going back out tomorrow. And the day after and …..

Comment

Congrats on the bulls guys.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m jealous !
                        Have chased elk the last 6 years. Now I’m skipping a season.
                        Come on NM deer season.

Comment

Congrats Greg. Awesome to go two for two. Can't wait to get up to CO in November for My friends Muley hunt. Safe travels back to TX.

Comment

Congrats to everyone, looks like TBH is taking care of business.

I leave next Friday for a 6 day pack in hunt in 16B and cant wait. Any reports from up there, I saw the pic of the 405 they killed last week. So excited, in shape and bow dialed in. Good luck to everyone that still has a tag.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Tagged out on bulls opening week on CO public land. Headed back to Texas today, lost weight but hauling a heavier load.

This hunt was an absolute grind and the most physically demanding thing I’ve ever done.

The best part about it was being fully apart of and witnessing each of our encounters, shots, kills, crashes, recovery and pack outs together. I watch zins bull expire from 30yds away, and we watched mine tip over 200yds away together. I have GoPro footage of all of zins bull. I turned my GoPro on when my bull closed 60yds, I hope I got the shot at 37yds, the fall over and our excitement immediately afterwards, but when I took my go pro off my head it was not on. I believe the battery died shortly after turning it on.

The plans we made were spot on and executed exactly as prescribed. 3:30am wake ups, followed by 45min drive, hike started at 4:45am to climb over 1,000’ in elevation for over a mile in distance just to start our hunt well before day break.

We made one hell of a team together and some incredible memories I’ll never forget. Met some fellow hunters back on the mountain again this year and enjoyed reuniting.

Mr Public isn’t just a bad-***** in TX! Add CO to the list. Great hunt, can’t wait to do it again next year!

Comment

Anybody got any advice on good waterproof gaiters? I looked at Kuiu Yukons and their Kutana’s. Are there any that are waterproof and quiet.
                                What is everyone using?

Congrats on a great hunt! Not many are two for two coming back!

Comment

Working...
                                X