Hook Stuck in Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    That ssuucckkss.. our rule of thumb was if more than 3/4 of hook buried, seek medical

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    This is what I ended up doing. Only thing was, the doc didn't have a strong enough pair of pliers so I had to go find some needle nose pliers in my tool box. So glad for the deadening shots beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      This is what I ended up doing. Only thing was, the doc didn't have a strong enough pair of pliers so I had to go find some needle nose pliers in my tool box. So glad for the deadening shots beforehand.
      bet that made a difference, the longer they stay in the worse it gets

Comment

I have. Jerk bait doing about Mach 12 went it hit me. Sounded like a gun went off. Took the bait off and left the treble in and fished for 3 more hours
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          check this video out on facebook

helping out on striper charters back in my teens, i learned this trick. very little blood and virtually painless..

tie string to hook at skin level, have hooked person push eye down towards skin, go on 2. trick is having someone that will yank hard enough

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
          I got a small hook in my hand pier fishing one night.. trout slipped out of my hand and hooked me .. I used this trick to get the hook out.. about a hour later this guy walks up to me and says hey can you get the hook out of my hand.. he had what looked like a shark hook stuck in his palm below his thumb.. after 3 tries I finally got it out..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            I got a small hook in my hand pier fishing one night.. trout slipped out of my hand and hooked me .. I used this trick to get the hook out.. about a hour later this guy walks up to me and says hey can you get the hook out of my hand.. he had what looked like a shark hook stuck in his palm below his thumb.. after 3 tries I finally got it out..
            That literally just made my entire body cringe.. and said some professional adult language to myself.. no way

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
              I have. Jerk bait doing about Mach 12 went it hit me. Sounded like a gun went off. Took the bait off and left the treble in and fished for 3 more hours
              nice true angler!!

Comment

Dad got me with an H&H when I was about 8 years old. It stuck in my cheek. He held me down and pulled it out, said there was no way he was gonna take me home and let my momma see that! Years later my niece hooked him in the ear. I drove to the ER to try and pull it myself, but the doc beat me to it. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                  Dad got me with an H&H when I was about 8 years old. It stuck in my cheek. He held me down and pulled it out, said there was no way he was gonna take me home and let my momma see that! Years later my niece hooked him in the ear. I drove to the ER to try and pull it myself, but the doc beat me to it. Good times!
                  heck yeah dude!

Comment

With the trout still hooked on the other hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

dad gum it son, cant even move your fingers

Comment

An old WWII friend and I were fishing a tank one morning and he had a bass on his fly rod ready to land. He lifted up the rod and the fish was just about on the bank--he had his had around the line/leader when the fish flipped and the hook came out and nailed him right in the index finger joint. He asked me to pull it out and I hesitated a bit and he said "If you think I'm going to the ER for this you better think again." Remember, WWII vet with Bronze Star (didn't come cheap then) and a Purple Heart---so I got set, clamped the pliers on the hook so I could pull straight out, and just as I was ready, I said "Look at that" while looking into the lake. He looked, I jerked, and out it came. Didn't want him to flinch and my distraction tactic worked like a charm. After it was out, he looked at me and said "Not bad for a young feller." I sure do miss him too--

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

Daaang!!! On a side note, we have the same wedding ring. Just glad I don’t have hooks hanging out of my fingers too!

Comment

I’ve only had one hook deep enough to have to push it on through and then cut off the barb. It sucked but worse than that was when I was probably 13 or so fishing in our pond and I had laid my pole down for some reason and then went to pick up and got a jitterbug caught in my beagles face. He took off at Mach 3 howling with me running behind him trying hit my button on the reel. He had a hook in his ear and cheek. Ended up at the vet, Dad was not happy.

Comment

Had on in the head once had my 9 year old at the time pull it out, its sucked

Comment

Several years ago my dad was in a Tasco store and got the treble hook from a lure he was looking stuck in his hand and couldn't get it out. He had to buy the lure to be able to leave the store. I don't remember how he got it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X