GE Profile Opal 2.0 (Sonic Ice maker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is wanting a Sonic ice maker… I’d prefer a countertop style like the GE Profile vs an undercounter. Kinda pricey at $600 but worth it if my pregnant wife is happy.

Anyone have experience with this model?

I have it and love it. Easy to use, easy to clean. Get the model with the side water container. It makes ice a lot faster than it advertises.

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
      I have it and love it. Easy to use, easy to clean. Get the model with the side water container. It makes ice a lot faster than it advertises.

Does it require refill like a Keurig or “hard piped” like a refrigerator?

Comment

Go buy her bags from sonic and you will come out money ahead

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
          Go buy her bags from sonic and you will come out money ahead

She actually just bought one yesterday… “nuggets are all stuck together” lol

Comment

I have had one for a few months now and we love it.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
              She actually just bought one yesterday… “nuggets are all stuck together” lol

My wife has the same remarks. It melts on the way home and when she puts it back in the freezer it hard freezes all back together. I need to look into one of these units

Comment

I have one but not sure of the brand, I'll look tonight.

Comment

Every time I look at buying one of these units, there are alway so many poor reviews about them working for just a short time. We bought a cheaper counter top unit several years ago, it lasted about 3 weeks. It seems the higher priced model reviews are no better and the customer service is non existent. I would love to find one that actually lasted at least a few years.

Comment

DEAL ALERT: $100 off

Comment

I have it. GE is junk, but they are the only one with the sonic ice, so I bought it. I bought a warranty. We have had it since Christmas and periodically it sounds like a dinosaur. I am not sure, but since it is GE it will break soon.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        I have it. GE is junk, but they are the only one with the sonic ice, so I bought it. I bought a warranty. We have had it since Christmas and periodically it sounds like a dinosaur. I am not sure, but since it is GE it will break soon.

I bought all GE appliances when I built my house 6 years ago, and no issues yet. They’ve supposedly gone downhill the last several years, but I don’t have any complaints. Just ordered the ice maker for our river house so we can get the Yeti Roadie off of the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t speak for this ice maker but in general ice makers seem to be problematic.

We have 2 under counter units in our house, they are Kitchen Aid brand. 2 years in and zero issues so far. I think poor water quality contributes to a lot of their issues. Our water is filtered and softened before it ever gets to the ice makers so that may have something to do with it.

Anyway, otherwise we have a GE Profile side x side refrigerator from our original house build in 2001 and it’s still kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well, we pulled the trigger and been using it for about a week now. My wife loves it and that’s what counts! Fairly compact for a 24 pounder… fits nicely in our bar/grotto area. [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                            X