Base for blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base for blinds

What kind of base do y’all make for your Krivoman blinds. Not looking to elevate it at this time, but don’t want just the dirt floor. Thanks.

Rubber Stall mats. Two put together will cover majority of the floor.

Comment

I elevated about 16" with 2x6 framing an inch wider each way. On the inside I cut half moons from 2 pieces of 1/2" Osb and pushed it into the groove at the bottom and screwed it down to the framing.

Comment

Base for blinds

I have one where the ground is dirt and very level, so I just put 2 horse stall mats on the ground.

I have another where there are big rocks so I made this platform:

The legs are adjustable and only about 15” maximum height. I put the horse stall mats on top of the expanded metal and the blind on top of the horse stall mats. It worked perfect.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 06-10-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I have one where the ground is dirt and very level, so I just put 2 horse stall mats on the ground.

I have another where there are big rocks so I made this platform:

The legs are adjustable and only about 15” maximum height. I put the horse stall mats on top of the expanded metal and the blind on top of the horse stall mats. It worked perfect.

Bisch

Love that base!!!

Comment

Bisch, what did you put on / over your windows?

Comment

Horse stall mats from tractor supply are great.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                Bisch, what did you put on / over your windows?

My blinds are a bit different than most. I bought shells from Mitch and cut my own window holes, so there are no closeable windows like in the ones you buy from him. I just use shoot thru mesh and automotive edge trim to hold it in place. At the ranch I work at, we have several Krivoman blinds with the regular windows where we just made little screens for each window and screwed them onto the outside of the window frame.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I just use shoot thru mesh and automotive edge trim to hold it in place.

Got any pics of your shoot through mesh set up ?

Also, are you actually using a specialized mesh, if so, where are you purchasing ?

Thanks

Comment

I build a 8'x8' platform for mine. It's only about 2' high. 2 sheets of plywood screwed down onto 2x8 framing with 4x4 legs. Probably $8,000 worth of lumber today, but it was just $150 or so a couple years ago when I built it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      I build a 8'x8' platform for mine. It's only about 2' high. 2 sheets of plywood screwed down onto 2x8 framing with 4x4 legs. Probably $8,000 worth of lumber today, but it was just $150 or so a couple years ago when I built it.
                      x2

This is the platform under my Turtle Blind, my Krivoman is on a 10' tower.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is what I did also. 2’ is plenty where I hunt in west Texas. I just wanted it up off the ground to keep it from being a snake den.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                          This is what I did also. 2’ is plenty where I hunt in west Texas. I just wanted it up off the ground to keep it from being a snake den.
                          Snakes and spiders. I spray the under side of mine every so often to keep the black widows at bay.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Base for blinds

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            Got any pics of your shoot through mesh set up ?

Also, are you actually using a specialized mesh, if so, where are you purchasing ?

Thanks

I don’t have any pics on my phone, but I’ll try to get out there and get a couple. Remember, my blind isn’t like any bought from Mitch with the glass windows in it. If you have the windows, you can buy the stuff to make custom screens at Home Depot and build screens to fit on the outside of those windows. The mesh is just camo netting that comes in 12’x54” pieces, and I cut it to fit my windows as needed. The netting in the pics I posted above is old and needs to be replaced.

I just set up this blind last week to try to catch the summertime axis that come to the water trough there:

For this one, the netting is not actually on the blind. I made a frame out of angle iron to attach to the barn so that the netting would cover the entire hole.

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 06-11-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Snakes and spiders. I spray the under side of mine every so often to keep the black widows at bay.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
                              What spray are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X