No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still at it. Life has been busy in a good way recently so only made it into the gym 4 days last week and 4 days this week. Should be able to get back on the 5-6 day a week train again starting next week. My core is coming back but man do I still have a long way to go to get back to where I was. Dreadful!!!!

Comment

2021 Workout accountability thread...

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while. You guys are getting it in! I’m going to jump in and try to keep up. I mostly cycle but working the gym into the mix and will start the swim/run soon. I cycle Tue, Thur, Sat morning and weights MWF. Hopefully I can hang.
      Got a quick 30 in before work, missed Tuesday and 55 on Sat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Rcole1310; 05-13-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Knocked out back this AM!

Off the next 2 days as we are going out of town. (Maybe slip in a jog or two)

Comment

Chest and biceps today. Not a bad way to end the week. 3X10 supersets

Incline bench on smith machine/preacher curl with handles/incline situp
          DB bench press/BB curl/leg raise
          Decline bench press/hammer curl/weighted crunch
          Bench press inverse grip/arm blaster curls
          DB fly

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
            I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while. You guys are getting it in! I’m going to jump in and try to keep up. I mostly cycle but working the gym into the mix and will start the swim/run soon. I cycle Tue, Thur, Sat morning and weights MWF. Hopefully I can hang.
            Got a quick 30 in before work, missed Tuesday and 55 on Sat.

Now thats a bunch of miles!!! What kinda bike u riding???

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been pretty consistent with my work-outs. Got the new PRX set-up in the garage. I sure like having a home set-up. Hitting full body 3 days a week and throw in some cardio and minor sessions on the off days. Following a new program by MAPS fitness. If any of you listen to Podcasts check out Mind Pump. They share some good info.

Comment

Upcoming workout for tomorrow morning....

Box Squats 1 x 10
                Barbell Squats 6 x 4
                Barbell Bench Press 6 x 4
                Weighted Pull-Ups 2 x 6
                Barbell Shrugs 3 x 6
                Barbell Curls 2 x 8
                Barbell Skull Crushers 2 x 8
                Weighted Decline Sit-Ups 5 x 12
                Standing Calf Raises 5 x 20

Comment

I’m 65 with two worn out knees and a back that was broken in 2017. I go to the gym at least four days a week and do cardio as well. I’ve got my bench press back up to 180lbs and do the circuit weights as well. I have an an wheel as well that I can go all the way down on with multiple reps.
                  Here’s my question: why do I still have such a hard time increasing my push-up count?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    I’m 65 with two worn out knees and a back that was broken in 2017. I go to the gym at least four days a week and do cardio as well. I’ve got my bench press back up to 180lbs and do the circuit weights as well. I have an an wheel as well that I can go all the way down on with multiple reps.
                    Here’s my question: why do I still have such a hard time increasing my push-up count?
                    Just need to practice push-ups more. I get down on the floor and do them every night. the first set is as many as possible. (usually 45-50) Then after the first set i do sets of 20-30 until i reach 100 total reps. After a couple weeks you'll notice a huge difference in how many you can achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                      Just need to practice push-ups more. I get down on the floor and do them every night. the first set is as many as possible. (usually 45-50) Then after the first set i do sets of 20-30 until i reach 100 total reps. After a couple weeks you'll notice a huge difference in how many you can achieve.
                      Ditto!!!
                      I did the veteran PTSD Suicide Challenge last month. Total difference in only 30 days. Actually was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Now thats a bunch of miles!!! What kinda bike u riding???

Thanks. A cannondale Synapse Carbon

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                          Thanks. A cannondale Synapse Carbon

Very niiiiice!![emoji2483] I'm riding a old Fuji until it dies......then I will be doing a very serious upgrade![emoji6]

Comment

I missed yesterday, but made it this morning for chest, biceps and abs. 4 sets of supersets with the rep range on chest going 16-14-12-10 and 8-10 reps on biceps.

Incline bench press/preacher curl/leg raises
                            DB bench press/BB curl/incline situp
                            Incline DB chest press/hammer curl/ab roller
                            DB fly/overhead cable curl

Back and legs tomorrow.

Comment

0-2 this week

Sleep has been nonexistent for me these last few days for some reason.

Comment

Back (5x5) and legs (5x8) today. Supersets with some abs mixed in.

T-bar row/sled leg press/leg raise
                                Inverse grip BB row/leg extension/incline situp
                                Bodyweight pullup/supersquat/weighted crunch
                                Overhead cable pulldown/prone leg curl

Comment

Working...
                                X