No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good way to start the day...strip sets for back and legs. This is probably the heaviest and most stress I've put on my legs since my hip replacement. Rigor mortis is already setting in!

3 sets each:

Landmines/Sled leg press/leg raises
    Overhead cable pull/Leg extension/ab roller
    Bodyweight pullups/prone leg curl/incline situp

Comment

Back and cardio this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
        Hey fellas, just reading the thread after blowing by it for years..
        Have yall ever tried Orange Theory (OTF)?
        3 years ago i had an episode on the mountain.. It was due to me being out of shape. Thought i was gonna die on that mountain. Needless to say, if i ever wanted to elk hunt again, i need to be in shape..I joined OTF a few months after that trip. I have been after OTF 4/5 days a week since and its been a game changer. Best shape i have ever been in even when playing college ball 15 years ago. If you are looking for a good workout day in/out i would highly recommend trying a OTF. If your looking to get "swole" its not the gym for you of course because of the HIIT training..
        I haven't worked out in close to 4 years. I'm headed to CO for backcountry elk in September and have heard the horror stories of issues on the mountain. I started a blended strength/HIIT gym 3 weeks ago to make sure I can enjoy the hunt and not fall victim to the MTN.

Comment

good call! The mountain and high altitude is no joke.
          I just finished the book "cant hurt me" by David Goggins.
          if you want to feel like a P**** just read that..
          it has changed my attitude every time hitting the gym!
          Stay at it!

Comment

I skipped today, but wish I had gone.

Comment

I made up for missing yesterday with today's butt kicking. I don't usually do 2 push routines, but that's how it worked out today. Chest and tricep supersets with some abs in there for good measure.

3 sets Incline chest press on smith/cable pushdowns pronated then supinated grip/incline situp
              3 sets incline chest press one notch lower/overhead cable extension/incline leg raise
              3 sets incline chest press one notch lower/weighted dips/ab roller
              3 sets incline chest press flat bench/cable kickbacks
              3 sets bench press inverted grip
              1 set each incline cable fly every setting to flat.

Giant sets tomorrow for back, shoulders and legs.

Comment

Missed yesterday because truck was in the shop first thing in the am.

This morning was a solid cardio and core session. Legs mañana

Comment

Giant sets to get done what I scheduled for today as well as make up for missing Wednesday.

I'm glad I can sleep in on Saturday.

Comment

Legs yesterday

Thinking chest and shoulders today

Comment

Back and leg supersets to get the week started off. I'm hoping to get 5 days in this week.

3X10
                      Land mine strip sets/sled leg press/ab roller
                      Bodyweight pullups/super squat/incline situp
                      BB row supinated grip/leg extension/leg raise
                      Overhead cable pull/prone leg curl

Comment

Awesome chest and cardio yesterday

Finishing arms right meow

Comment

Making it in 5-6 days a week. Hit legs pretty good today as well as core and stretching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another kick butt morning in the gym. Chest and bicep supersets.

Incline bench on smith every setting to flat/preacher curl/incline sit up
                            Incline bench on smith every setting to flat/hammer curl/ incline leg raise
                            Seated bilateral wide grip chest press strip sets/arm blaster
                            Bench press inverse grip/overhead cable curl
                            Incline cable fly/curl bar with handles

I'm leaning out a little. I'm down about 14 pounds from 248 in January to 234 this morning. I keep bouncing between 233 and 238 depending on how I eat. I'm pretty close to losing my Covid 15 I think.

Shoulder and leg day tomorrow

Comment

Stairs to hell and back this morning!

Shoulder or just plain jane cardio tomorrow.... Maybe lots of both

Comment

6 mile walk and 225 push-ups on the agenda today!!! [emoji106] Yesterday was 7.4 mile brisk walk.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X