No announcement yet.

smallest, weakest caliber pig kill pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killed this big guy with my suppressed .22LR shooting subsonic bullets from 47 yds. Hit him right between the eyes.

Followed this up by shooting a sow at 80 yds with the same rifle the next weekend. I hit her in the spine around the neck area.

It’s always crazy when all you hear is the bullet hitting the pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

22 lr at 75 yards while squirrel hunting. Ain't about the caliber but about shot placement

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

.25 cal PCP pellet rifle

.457 caliber PCP airgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

all solid kills...just don't pick up a 300 BO or the bullets will bounce off. It's a cursed cartridge & won't penetrate the eyeball of anything on this planet. Best suited for carnival paper shoots. Congress is working to make the round a paper weight unsuitable for gun ranges, much less hunting purposes. 22cb short is way superior.

Comment

Benjamin original pump .22 pellet gun that was my dads when he was a kid. 20 yards ear holed him. Only 30lbs but a hog kill none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Benjamin original pump .22 pellet gun that was my dads when he was a kid. 20 yards ear holed him. Only 30lbs but a hog kill none the less.
              Cool, 30 pounds counts in my book, and lot of good karma in using your dad’s old Benjamin .22 rifle.

Comment

.22 mag & 9mm are the two smallest I ever used to zap hogs.

The .22 mag was a 40 gn lead bullet and the 9mm was a 102 gn Golden Sabre bullet I hand loaded . Head shots all around.

No they weren’t in a trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

S&W 617 .22 LR
                  Mowing the fence line around one of my oat patches and kept seeing this sow's head pop up above the oats. Oats were headed out and just about ready to bale so she was having lunch. Got about 50-60 yards from her, killed the tractor and got a good rest on the door. Next time her head came up I gave it a tad of elevation and let one fly. Not sure who was more surprised me or her.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Where is the best place to shoot them with a smaller caliber, eye hole, between the eyes, ear hole, behind the ear? Anywhere in the head??

Comment

I accidentally got one with a 22lr pocket pistol just got him in the head.The Benjamin comment reminded me I killed about a 50 pound beaver with a177 cal Benjamin back when I was 16 brought him home and made jerkey out of him

Comment

BFG 275/55R20. I know OP said not to. Point blank as it gets!
                        Last edited by rbsears; 04-20-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Guns? Heck I've killed them with a bow. [emoji849]

But if we're talking small caliber guns, I've killed gobs and gobs with a .22LR and almost as many gobs with a .22mag.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I was headed dove hunting about 20 years ago and my headlights caught a group of pigs (10-15 lbs apiece). I only had my 20 gauge 1100 and some #8 shot. I shot twice and killed all 6 of them

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              I had one of these growing up, that thing was dangerous to any wildlife on our property lol. Still have it at my parent's house but it doesn't hold air anymore.

Comment

My son killed his first pig with a .177 pellet gun. It was in a 15 yard long by 15 yard wide trap but he stone cold killed it with one shot between the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X