Towing with a Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing with a Ranger

Would I be ok towing a 16’ tandem axle trailer with a 4x6 deer stand with my Polaris Ranger? 2020 XP 1000 crew. Mostly flat ground except one decently steep bank coming out of a creek. Just don’t want to damage the belt or something by overloading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have hauled more on buddies....it will be a load depending on how heavy blind is and type of ground/dirt hauling on top of.

Good news belts are cheap and easy to change on the Ranger. He keeps an extra belt on the unit just in case.....

Comment

You should be fine. I would just tow it in low gear and when going up the hill put it in 4wd low.

Comment

I've pulled our 16ft tandem axle (3500lb axles) with all kinds of randomness on it. Should be fine depending on the weight of the stand.

Comment

I’ve hauled a HEAVY pipe made blind and base on my 12’ tandem axle with 800 lbs of deer corn to set up. Hs to cross a couple steep canyons that require me to put my F350 in 4wd to make it up when unloaded. That was with a 17’ Can Am Defender 1000. Just put it in low and go. For the canyons I put it in 4Lo.

Comment

itll be fine, just dont do anything silly.

Comment

I think the weight should be fine, I would be concerned about the angle of the bank coming out of the creek. You need to make sure you dont get your jack and or trailer tailgate caught on the ground.

Comment

Just try to minimize the tongue weight. Put it in low and 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i pulled a 21 ft bayliner through the mud a few years ago when my wifes yukon got stuck coming back from the lake.

it'll do fine

Comment

Just go in low, I wouldn't put in 4x4 unless it is needed. Just lock the rear and go.

Comment

I’ve used mine for very similar situations. The main thing I had to watch wasn’t enough power to pull in low, but enough weight to stop without sliding down extreme steep hillside and switchbacks. It worked fine but went slow as possible on steep downhill areas. That was with a one seater Polaris 500 full size. I’d agree with others that it’s fine just slow and low gear.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like low and slow is the name of the game.

Comment

We haul 1-2 cottonseed totes all over on a 6x10 flatbed all day long, just know your terrain for your gear selection, load the trailer right and your good.

Comment

Low and 4x4. I moved a 30 foot bumper pull travel trailer with my 700

Comment

Yup. Tongue weight is your main concern.

Comment

Working...
                              X