No announcement yet.

Webb Co illegal travel routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would truly be more worried about getting ripped off on leasing a cruddy place then the traffic in the area , I call it the “south Texas turnaround group A. Leases it’s cruddy so they blast everything and leave, group B. Leases is disappointed and blast every thing and leave, and the wheels on the bus go round and round!!
    Lots more stuff to prioritize then walkers
    Good luck hopefully place has good hunting and good lease mates

Comment

There's not as much traffic in that area ( 225 ), as there is a huge BP presence. It's also a very visible area and there are other routes that keep them more hidden. You'll see a few but not near as much if you were out in BFE brush county.

Lease it and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        There's not as much traffic in that area ( 225 ), as there is a huge BP presence. It's also a very visible area and there are other routes that keep them more hidden. You'll see a few but not near as much if you were out in BFE brush county.

Lease it and enjoy!
        I just spoke to the Ranch Liaison Agent and he said the same thing. He said its rare for them to have operations there because most of the illegals don't go that way. The landowner and a guy who hunted it last year have said they never see them either so I'm feeling pretty good about it. It wouldn't particularly bother me unless the place was just crawling in them. But it would freak my wife out. And I like taking her to the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
          Along 255
          You should be OK. Ranches that are closer to Mines Rd and FM255 get the most foot traffic, Such as the Need More and La Zacatosa. Then past Las Tiendas and FM255 most groups tend to take a N to NW line to avoid the Border Patrol Checkpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
            We were the last ranch at the end of Jeffries Road, backed up to the Los Tiendas. And yes that's the area they would come through to avoid the checkpoints.
            Were you at the Chupa Hueso Ranch?
            The biggest ranch that backed up to Las Tiendas and neighbors ranches near Jefferies Road is the Spohn Ranch. Lost of foot traffic around there that tends to go around the Hwy 83 BP Checkpoint and some go in between to also avoid the I35 Checkpoint to get picked up near Hwy 44 or close to Encinal, Tx.

Comment

I've hunted as a guest on a place near the triangle of Webb, Duval, and Jim Hogg...they see enough illegals to make sure everyone is carrying while filling feeders, checking cameras, etc. And the amount of back packs cached around every clump of thick brush let me know they weren't kidding about making sure you have your sidearm on you however, I wouldn't let that stop me from joining a lease down there.

That being said, the new "leadership" that we are under, may increase the traffic exponentially and give the illegals more of a "you can't do anything to me" attitude. I wish I had a better idea of the current traffic, but I haven't been down there since the first week of January...hope you find someone who is more up to date

Comment

Just hunt south of the border and you dont have to worry about illegal wetbacks.........

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                  Were you at the Chupa Hueso Ranch?
                  The biggest ranch that backed up to Las Tiendas and neighbors ranches near Jefferies Road is the Spohn Ranch. Lost of foot traffic around there that tends to go around the Hwy 83 BP Checkpoint and some go in between to also avoid the I35 Checkpoint to get picked up near Hwy 44 or close to Encinal, Tx.
                  Yes sir, my brother was on it for many years and I was blessed to finally get a spot the part of the group fell apart. I think some of the guys we hunted with still have. Great group of guys for sure and one heck of a place

“The Chup” I surely miss.

Comment

Working...
                  X