Cramps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cramps!

Going on day 2 now where the back of my thigh/hammy is cramping. To me, this is the absolute worst location to have them. Typically I can pinpoint the root cause; dehydration coupled with heavy work/sweat. That hasnt been the case on this round, unless it ties back to last weekend. I am walking ever so gingerly through the hospital to check on my project, with the occasional jerk when it "bites" me. I've received many of crazy looks over the past two days.

Typically, if I catch a cramp it is for that day only. I've never had one carry over to the next day. This has been brutal. I've drank a ton of fluids for fear of dehydration, but now think its something else causing it. I've drank pickle juice, took electrolyte pills, stretched, and nothing is fixing this one. Any other tricks you guys have?

Bananas for the potassium, helps with cramps. Magnesium and zinc supplement can also help.

Comment

I cycle a lot and I take a potassium pill everyday and it really helped stop all the cramps I use to have.

Comment

I've been getting a cramp in the same place for about a year now. In my abs on the left side. On one hand, it gives me hell. On the other hand, I'm glad to know I still have abs under that layer fat that lives on my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          I cycle a lot and I take a potassium pill everyday and it really helped stop all the cramps I use to have.
          Got the wife stopping in to pick some of these pills up!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            i've been getting a cramp in the same place for about a year now. In my abs on the left side. On one hand, it gives me hell. On the other hand, i'm glad to know i still have abs under that layer fat that lives on my stomach.
            lol!! :d

Comment

I have overcome cramps almost completely by a regimen of magnesium and potassium supplements morning and evening... Adjusted the dosage until I no longer got cramps... I can lay off the supplements for a couple days, and the cramps return...
              Before this, I'd get woken up almost nightly with leg cramps, and I don't do strenuous work daily. I do spend a lot of time on my feet standing and walking, also a lot of sitting and driving. This regimen has been a real relief for me.

Comment

When I use to cycle all the time, pickle juice always did the trick for me.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Got the wife stopping in to pick some of these pills up!
                  Are you sure you didn't pull a muscle? Almost sounds like an injury to me.

Comment

My ribs cramp up often. Lots of water. You can't stretch your ribs... it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      I've been getting a cramp in the same place for about a year now. In my abs on the left side. On one hand, it gives me hell. On the other hand, I'm glad to know I still have abs under that layer fat that lives on my stomach.
                      Me too!

[emoji846]

Comment

My Dad drinks tonic water with quinine every night and it works for him

Comment

If continues or worsens be sure to get doctor to look at, worst case it could be blood clot and better to find that out sooner while in leg rather than later in heart lungs brain.

Probably not the case and the above remedies will probs fix it but cant be to careful.

Comment

Lifetime cramper here. Became debilitating. Magnesium 500 mg pill daily cured 95% of it.

Comment

Stretch daily for at least 30 minutes
                              Pickle juice, you can get it from academy, I fu d it more effective than real pickle juice from a jar of pickles

Comment

Working...
                              X