Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    Kinda sad how many points it takes to draw spring turkey. I've got 6 points.... i didn't really want to get drawn this year anyway as I have other plans this spring.
    I have 6 points on Turkey as well. No luck for me either. Applied to two units.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      the dreaded pending 2nd for all youth exotic for us
      Yep Pending 2nd for my kiddo too with 8 points in Youth Turkey and Youth Exotic. I think this is his last year, he'll be 17 next year.

Comment

My kids finally drew a Matador Turkey hunt.....only took 8 preference points[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I got drawn for Spring Turkey at Kerr WMA. Had 7 points on this one.

Comment

Congratulations to the winners!

Texas Grand Slam – Brad Christopherson, Stevens Point, WI
            Ultimate Mule Deer Hunt – Jason Haynie, N. Richland Hills, TX
            Powderhorn Cast and Blast – Roger Wolfe, Lubbock, TX
            Nilgai Antelope Safari – Daniel Mora, Socorro, TX
            Premium Buck Hunt – Jonas Brooks, Fort Worth, TX
            Exotic Safari – Clint Dillard, Cypress, TX
            Whitetail Bonanza – Israel Ball, Manor, TX; Brandon Kirby, Spring, TX; Timothy Urbanek, Waco, TX; Robert Davis, Richland Hills, TX; Timothy Beck, Tyler, TX
            Big Time Bird Hunt – Chad Snow, Grandbury, TX
            Gator Hunt – Todd Daniels, Arlington, TX
            Wild Hog Adventure – David Rider, Palestine, TX

Comment

Originally posted by fakeworest View Post
              Congratulations to the winners!

Texas Grand Slam – Brad Christopherson, Stevens Point, WI
              Ultimate Mule Deer Hunt – Jason Haynie, N. Richland Hills, TX
              Powderhorn Cast and Blast – Roger Wolfe, Lubbock, TX
              Nilgai Antelope Safari – Daniel Mora, Socorro, TX
              Premium Buck Hunt – Jonas Brooks, Fort Worth, TX
              Exotic Safari – Clint Dillard, Cypress, TX
              Whitetail Bonanza – Israel Ball, Manor, TX; Brandon Kirby, Spring, TX; Timothy Urbanek, Waco, TX; Robert Davis, Richland Hills, TX; Timothy Beck, Tyler, TX
              Big Time Bird Hunt – Chad Snow, Grandbury, TX
              Gator Hunt – Todd Daniels, Arlington, TX
              Wild Hog Adventure – David Rider, Palestine, TX
              Well that’s BS... And maybe because I’m slightly jealous

Comment

Me and a buddy drew Richland Creek WMA North Unit for ducks and we drew Roger Fawcett for spring turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Yep Pending 2nd for my kiddo too with 8 points in Youth Turkey and Youth Exotic. I think this is his last year, he'll be 17 next year.
                  If he doesn't turn 17 before you can apply he can still draw youth hunts. My son turned 17 in July so I applied for all the hunts we could before his birthday. All his apps are free and he was eligible for the youth draws. He's drawn a youth hunt this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    Took us 4 years but my boy finally drew something again. Spring turkey at James Daughtrey. It's the only place he's ever drawn. Had Gun either and hog hunts there as a 8 year old.
                    Which dates. My son drew this as well. The latter days I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      If he doesn't turn 17 before you can apply he can still draw youth hunts. My son turned 17 in July so I applied for all the hunts we could before his birthday. All his apps are free and he was eligible for the youth draws. He's drawn a youth hunt this spring.
                      He'll be hitting 17 in March so I think that's the end of the road. He's had a good run though, got a great buck last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        Which dates. My son drew this as well. The latter days I think.
                        He got 3/13 n 3/14

Comment

That's what we have. See you there.

Comment

Chap is asking archery hunters if they want Chap to assign compartments to speed up the process and for our safety. interesting.

Comment

I'd answer that with a No.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                Chap is asking archery hunters if they want Chap to assign compartments to speed up the process and for our safety. interesting.
                                They did that at James Daughtrey last weekend for the Youth hunt but they were not assigned. They emailed the kids in the order they were drawn for compartment picks and I was able to look the map over and talk to the Biologist to make a pick. It seemed to work well.

Comment

Working...
                                X