X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    Does laguna have any nilgai left? I thought they wiped them out last year n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. They don't have any left. The choppers wiped every last one out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
      Hopefully it continues this year!

You put in for Bahia? That is going to be one tough hunt without a rifle.
      No. I got back on my old lease in Jim Hogg this year. I didn't put in for any atascosa hunts. It's just a money grab for the refuge's ocelot program with 800 permits at $130 a pop.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by narco1; 07-09-2020, 08:36 AM. Reason: found answer

Comment

120$ for me and pops

Those 10$ hunts really add up fast lol

Now the waiting game

Comment

Some of those draws are way way way down south. No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              Some of those draws are way way way down south. No thanks!
              Some of those hunts are way way way up north or west or East. Lol

Like 99% of the hunts are really far for those of us way down south.

Comment

True. Guess it’s all relative. One was northernmost county in Texas.

Comment

Lol, so true. There isn't much that's close to down here. I remember the first youth hunt that I took my boys on years ago, everyone thought it was awful that we had to drive 3.5 hours to get there. We thought that was pretty funny. Told em it was a 10 hour drive to my in laws in Celina so this was nothing!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

I applied for a few this year for the first time. Im a little late to the game. Im not sure why i haven't been applying before now.

We will see how it goes, im sure I wont get drawn for anything this year, but happy to donate the money. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpolks-TR View Post
                      I applied for a few this year for the first time. Im a little late to the game. Im not sure why i haven't been applying before now.

We will see how it goes, im sure I wont get drawn for anything this year, but happy to donate the money. Good luck to all of you.
                      1st time applicants always score it seems, think there's some weight goes into 1st timers but nobody has confirmed. Get your gear ready you'll probably draw everything you applied for. lol

Comment

Just add a different newbie to your group each year!
                        Worked for us so far.

Comment

^i guess I was the anomaly I didn’t score **** my first year lol

Comment

Are you only allowed to put in 1 application per draw? I've never looked into draw hunts and this will be my first time. I keep reading up on "points" and adding points etc...is that only for non-residents in other states?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              1st time applicants always score it seems, think there's some weight goes into 1st timers but nobody has confirmed. Get your gear ready you'll probably draw everything you applied for. lol
                              Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              ^i guess I was the anomaly I didn’t score **** my first year lol
                              That makes two of us. Maybe year two will be the one

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                                Are you only allowed to put in 1 application per draw? I've never looked into draw hunts and this will be my first time. I keep reading up on "points" and adding points etc...is that only for non-residents in other states?
                                You can put in one application per unit/park within each category but if you dont draw it only gets you 1 point for the entire category:

EX) You choose Gun Either sex --> You can enter 1 time into each unit within that category. If you do not draw any unit in that category you get 1 point for the category "Gun Either Sex". The you can move onto the next category and do the same thing.

Some people put in for almost every unit within every category while others pick a couple certain unit/parks in a couple categories.

You can play however you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X