No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my group and I... it was $246... and I haven’t even put in for the private land stuff or the guided hunts

Comment

I noticed atascosa's exotic hunts will only be on Bahia grande unit. What a joke. That's almost all water and wide open.
      And for the gun exotic, only muzzleloader or shotguns.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
      Last edited by gemini2759; 07-05-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Put $90 in. Honestly I kinda hope I dont get drawn bc I think covid is going to continue to screw up plans this fall/winter.

I really wish we could just put in for preference points, I would do it even if they cost 2x-3x what putting in for the draw cost.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          Put $90 in. Honestly I kinda hope I dont get drawn bc I think covid is going to continue to screw up plans this fall/winter.

I really wish we could just put in for preference points, I would do it even if they cost 2x-3x what putting in for the draw cost.

Figure if COVID causes cancelled hunts they will credit you back all the preference points. Maybe people will just not put in for fears and give the rest of us better odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Applied for a some draws. Not buying my APH to never use it.

Balcones Canyon Lands Deer
            Laguna Atascosita Archery Exotic and general deer
            Lake brownwood state park archery deer
            Lake Mineral Wells archery deer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            When I go to archery exotic literally the only one that comes up is Garner SP. what am I missing?

Comment

58 bucks disintegrated but it feels better than losing it at slots

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                When I go to archery exotic literally the only one that comes up is Garner SP. what am I missing?

Other exotic is on the Refuge and not state land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been that way for years, they did away with Devils river, Kerr, Govt Canyon in this category 10 to 15 years ago. You would be shocked how many more archery hunts they used to have listed in the draw hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Been that way for years, they did away with Devils river, Kerr, Govt Canyon in this category 10 to 15 years ago. You would be shocked how many more archery hunts they used to have listed in the draw hunts.
                    Good time to be getting into archery in Texas huh? Oh well.

Comment

$116 and if I draw ok, if not still ok will do some upland hunts out of state instead. I drew a NM elk rifle tag and owe the wife some travel trailer time. All and all a perfect year for just a donation.

Comment

Good time to be getting into archery in Texas huh? Oh well.
                        TPWD sure isn't trying to grow the sport that's for sure, late 90's early 2000's I would say they were. It is good to see more archery opportunity at Richland Creek this year but they are seeing $$$ by requiring you to buy the $48 permit first. RC should be open all deer season or at least most of it like Granger to APH permit holder but there have been massive barriers to archery deer hunters there since the 2000 season when it lost type II land status. Its the people running the place, the resource there is plentiful, its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          Me and the young'un are in for 144.00. young'un is 16 but will be 17 when drawn so I reckon he'll have to pony up some ��.

No one gets to put in for squirrel. I've been putting in for squirrel every year and never drawn. Who are these people who keep bugerin up my squirrel draw? Quit doin that. It's rude. Good luck to everyone else. I'm gonna draw pronghorn this year since we didn't draw Wyoming so there's one less of those. Sorry, not sorry.
                          Age is at the time of application. If he is 16 when the application is made, he is a youth when the permits are drawn. Put him in for youth hunts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            I noticed atascosa's exotic hunts will only be on Bahia grande unit. What a joke. That's almost all water and wide open.
                            And for the gun exotic, only muzzleloader or shotguns.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                            I saw that on the map. Are there any Nilgai in that area? Would be a hard hunt as open as it looks.

Comment

Ready for my yearly donation to TPWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                Age is at the time of application. If he is 16 when the application is made, he is a youth when the permits are drawn. Put him in for youth hunts as well.
                                Thanks. I'll do that!

Comment

Working...
                                X