Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
    Do you automatically get points? I’ve put in for a few hunts the last two years and didn’t see points anywhere?
    You should automatically get one point per year in each category for which you aren't drawn. Draw, and you lose your points for that category. Your loyalty points should show up on the online system under "check status."

Comment

As always, I will play the TPWD lottery again this year. I have a lease in E Texas (Trinity County) but enjoy the possibility of hunting/seeing other parts of this great State. I went on my first TPWD public hunt at Pedernales Falls SP in 2004. Being a spreadsheet geek, I've kept track of all the hunts and animals shot over the years by myself, a buddy and my kids on these hunts. Been pretty lucky to draw quite a few but also have gone standby multiple times, especially with the kids. Here are my TPWD stats:

# of TPWD Hunts: 29 Total since 2004 (15 of these were youth hunts w/ my boys)
      Whitetail Shot: 31 (mostly does and spikes)
      Hogs Shot: 8
      Javelina Shot: 11
      Axis: 2
      Aoudad: 1

Also drew my first waterfowl E postcard hunt last year and had a blast there too.

I figure if I don't get drawn, it's a good organization/program to donate $$ to. Good luck to all those who apply.

Comment

My son was pretty lucky with the draw over the years. Couple of spike/doe hunts, standby at the chap several times (doe), and ES at Colorado Bend State Park.

Took nearly a decade for my mother and I to draw a hunt. Doe/spike at inks many years ago. Staff treated her like a queen. We drew standby the next year.

I have some preference points. Maybe this year will the one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          What's the story?
          Wife and I got drawn for the April Hunt on Luguna Atascosa and it got postponed due to the Kung Flu.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            You should automatically get one point per year in each category for which you aren't drawn. Draw, and you lose your points for that category. Your loyalty points should show up on the online system under "check status."
            Thanks I’ll check it out.

Comment

just checked online and still not updated

Comment

Looking forward to it yet again. I know its a tough draw, but getting selected for Palo Duro two years ago and the experience that was will keep me forever applying. My father is getting up in age, and I really want him to experience the Chap. Keeping my fingers crossed for that hunt.

Comment

I just checked my PP from last year and instead of getting of getting 1 PP for both

Gun antler-less/spike
                  Gun Either sex

They gave me a PP for the youth categories which i didn't apply for. Has anyone had this happen and who are you supposed to call to fix it? I didnt see a phone number

Comment

i'm guessing 50/50 that they host the hunts this year due to covid. let's see what happens, i hope they do and i always apply. maybe another mule deer this year if i'm really lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                      Also drew my first waterfowl E postcard hunt last year and had a blast there too.
                      How does this work? Do they have a Ranger go and sit with you? They let you hunt a protected compound or somethin?

Comment

Is anyone into double digit loyalty points? I have 7 in a bunch of categories. Hoping to draw one or two this year.

I drew e-postcard archery at Big Lake Bottom WMA last year.
                        My dad and I have 16 points each for GDE, but we only put in for high profile hunts, like the Chap or Powderhorn. Drew archery deer at the Chap last year. We have 10 points each for Antlerless/Spike, Management and Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          How does this work? Do they have a Ranger go and sit with you? They let you hunt a protected compound or somethin?
                          There are several locations under the E Postcard waterfowl. We drew Richland Creek WMA. Checked in on Friday, picked compartments. They show you to the compartment on Friday afternoon to scout and place a blind. Then you are free to hunt Saturday and Sunday mornings. Most of these are on larger WMAs and you will basically be given a compartment and you are responsible for everything else. Transportation in/out, decoys, blind set up, etc. Similar to true public hunting BUT you don't have to race the crowds and you are guaranteed a spot. Used to do the public duck hunting at Justin Hurst (good old Peach Point) back in the day but getting way too old for that stuff now.

Comment

I was told the idea behind e-postcard hunts was to reduce costs to TPWD by not having staff on-site each day of the hunt.

The e-postcard archery hunt I was drawn for last year had a mandatory orientation with the biologist on day 1. He showed us how to check-in and record data off any deer that were shot, then he took off.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                              There are several locations under the E Postcard waterfowl. We drew Richland Creek WMA. Checked in on Friday, picked compartments. They show you to the compartment on Friday afternoon to scout and place a blind. Then you are free to hunt Saturday and Sunday mornings. Most of these are on larger WMAs and you will basically be given a compartment and you are responsible for everything else. Transportation in/out, decoys, blind set up, etc. Similar to true public hunting BUT you don't have to race the crowds and you are guaranteed a spot. Used to do the public duck hunting at Justin Hurst (good old Peach Point) back in the day but getting way too old for that stuff now.
                              Yea man that sounds like an awesome time.

Oh boy you already know - peach and mad island

Comment

Is anyone into double digit loyalty points? I have 7 in a bunch of categories. Hoping to draw one or two this year.

I drew e-postcard archery at Big Lake Bottom WMA last year.
                                I have 7 and 8 points in 8 categories, I know it's not close to enough for a couple of them but hoping I may be able to hit 1 or 2 this year

Comment

Working...
                                X