Old sabine bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Has a single bow killed deer been achieved this season?
    Anyone?

Comment

Went by yesterday to check river level from 1804. Impossible to unload, dead hogs dumped at end of ramp. Trees down immediately upriver

Comment

Is that entire area still holding quite a bit of water? Was hoping to do some hog hunting after deer season.

Comment

No. It's dry here. Slews will have some water as well as old river channel.

Comment

What is needed to hunt Old Sabine Bottom besides the Annual Public Hunters permit? Is this a draw hunt area?

Comment

"What is needed to hunt Old Sabine Bottom besides the Annual Public Hunters permit? Is this a draw hunt area?"

You can bow hunt for deer there throughout the season except when they close for the rifle hunts which are draw hunts.
              Last edited by Cberry; 07-15-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Snake boots and a thermacell!

Comment

Anyone duck hunt OSBWMA?

Comment

Originally posted by tiacoponelli View Post
                    Anyone duck hunt OSBWMA?
                    Dad and I used to duck hunt Sabine River bottom below the Tawakoni Dam years ago -- talking 40+ years ago. Needed a flat-bottom boat with a small outboard to crawl over logs to get up and back. Pretty hairy ride, as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by tiacoponelli View Post
                      Anyone duck hunt OSBWMA?
                      I don’t anymore, but millions do. Can be awesome in right conditions. IF you can walk. And I don’t mean a few hundred yards. Mile(s). The college age crowd will walk it and camp so it’s a crap shoot if you beat them or not

Comment

Water is WAY up. 1804 has been closed on and off most of Oct. and Nov. Better call ahead to see if you can get in.

Comment

Water is down a bunch . . Road is open . . Still a bunch of deer on my side (north) of the river . . Duck numbers picking up substantially . .

Comment

Quick question: last time I checked the atv trail was closed. Is it opened back up? Also rule book no longer mentions helmets and a registration stamp ( money grab crock of $$&%). Looks like you can just unload and go... if trail is open.... correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Quick question: last time I checked the atv trail was closed. Is it opened back up? Also rule book no longer mentions helmets and a registration stamp ( money grab crock of $$&%). Looks like you can just unload and go... if trail is open.... correct?
                              Whole wma will be under water soon. Doubt it will open back up before the end of season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                                Whole wma will be under water soon. Doubt it will open back up before the end of season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                                I don’t think we have had that much rain, but it don’t take much here to flood it. More for February hog hunting and scouting

Comment

Working...
                                X