No announcement yet.

Nilgai 2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck guys! Hoping to do this next year!

Comment

Good luck, look forward to following along

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

The other method is to ride around on the 6 seater mule/polaris/utv thing and drink beer until we find one, sneak up on it, and shoot it with a bigass rifle....and that happens to be just my game! After all, I normally only see a lot of these guys on this hunt each year/every other year, and we like to have a good time.

That's my kinda party

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed south on March 4 for a bull. A buddy from work has a hook up and looks like it going to be a heck of a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love nilgai, driving around with a drink, chasing big bulls and watching all the wildlife

35 whelen is my choice
            Attached Files

Comment

Good grief! I am wondering who will be providing the adult supervision!!!

Comment

Tag...

Comment

I took my (sons) Randall & William out there quite a few years ago and Randall had his bow, there was a little island of brush and a bull ran by and jumped in it. I told Randall to walk to the other side and I walked the Opposite edge to let the bull wind me. The bull came out the other side running towards Randall and William wasn’t too happy with me “ dad your bullsh t is going to get one of is killed. Later I showed William a big dung pile along the arroyo and his head was on a swivel and he told me “lets get out of here!” I have many quotes from both if them from back in the day

Comment

Good luck y’all. Kill lots of beers. I mean bulls

Comment

Get 'er done boys. This will be a great follow up on the backside of the season just like the FART gets us started!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        The ranch owner has offered for any of us to hunt with a bow on previous trips, and he's had a few guys successful that way over the years. One guy shot one for a TV show, but he set next to a mosquito farm for like 9 hours in July...and we're out on that. If I was to try with a bow next month, I'd set up on a trail next to a hole in one of the fences like Marco suggested, but that's still hours upon hours, of setting still and hoping, during an already short trip.

The other method is to ride around on the 6 seater mule/polaris/utv thing and drink beer until we find one, sneak up on it, and shoot it with a bigass rifle....and that happens to be just my game! After all, I normally only see a lot of these guys on this hunt each year/every other year, and we like to have a good time.

We usually get our marching orders from the boss upon arrival at the ranch, and it's typically a couple meat bulls, and a trophy for someone if we find one. I'm mostly a cook, and meat hunter on this deal. I just enjoy the ride, and shoot if told to shoot.

The good doctor Jmh05 should be en route to his hunt today, and there were several other guys going to various places over the next few weeks, I hope they all check in here..
                        You have good friends and great opportunities. Enjoy.

Provide lots of pixels for us at home.

Comment

I’m booked for May. Looking forward to y’all’s success pictures to get me ready.

Comment

Bucketlist hunt for me….someday

Comment

Just got back from the Mariposa this evening. Took this youngish bull with my 35 Whelen with some 250 gr NP hand loads. Dropped right there. Bulls were in hiding but we still had a good time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8E5C861-F890-4285-8E53-6890087F3B06.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	24674798

Comment

Good luck for those of you hunting in the manana. We had no Nilgai success today but downed a few management bucks. Wind is supposed to be howling out of the north with some rain. Wind is your friend when Nilgai hunting but 30-35 mph may be a little excessive.

Comment

Working...
                                X