Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe one day. for know i will live through you all

Comment

In like Flinn... Good luck gentlemen......and Dale...

Comment

I know nothing about Nilgai except I want one.

When is the best time of the year to bow hunt a bull?

Comment

Sweeet home south Texas monte.

Where the nilgai are so blue.

Sweet home south Texas monte.

Lord they comin’ after you…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This particular ranch has different pastures, mostly low fence but it does have high fenced pastures as well. My point being there are Gap gates occasionally where I watched bulls routinely use. Fence funnel I guess, somebody could stick an arrow in one that way, or just set up by water in the heat. They have had archery success that way. Every year we talk about shooting them with a bow. The last time I was mad at them they were running around in the cotton field on the wrong side of the fence. Other than that one day of carnage, I just watch and get the blame if they shoot one thats too big or too blue. Im supposed to save those and Im not very good at it. A real good friend shot one the other week and it took me a couple hours to find it after it was hit twice, So now Im in time out banned bull camp myself I dont know who the shooter is this year. A few beers it gets blurry out there

Comment

What is the going rate for a good Nilgai hunt? Not fancy lodging with 5 course meals and a resort pool just a good hunt with a decent place to sleep.

Comment

No money involved, just need to know Ben he has really nice Antelopes

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I know nothing about Nilgai except I want one.

When is the best time of the year to bow hunt a bull?
                  The ranch owner has offered for any of us to hunt with a bow on previous trips, and he's had a few guys successful that way over the years. One guy shot one for a TV show, but he set next to a mosquito farm for like 9 hours in July...and we're out on that. If I was to try with a bow next month, I'd set up on a trail next to a hole in one of the fences like Marco suggested, but that's still hours upon hours, of setting still and hoping, during an already short trip.

The other method is to ride around on the 6 seater mule/polaris/utv thing and drink beer until we find one, sneak up on it, and shoot it with a bigass rifle....and that happens to be just my game! After all, I normally only see a lot of these guys on this hunt each year/every other year, and we like to have a good time.

We usually get our marching orders from the boss upon arrival at the ranch, and it's typically a couple meat bulls, and a trophy for someone if we find one. I'm mostly a cook, and meat hunter on this deal. I just enjoy the ride, and shoot if told to shoot.

The good doctor Jmh05 should be en route to his hunt today, and there were several other guys going to various places over the next few weeks, I hope they all check in here..

Comment

Thanks Dale! A Nilgai and Scimitar Oryx are the next two animals on my list.

Comment

Scott M Jones in Harlingen processed Alberts bull, I hadn’t had one processed before. I don’t know them personally but I ate nilgai for supper and it was good enough to eat for breakfast this morning too. Summer Sausage with cheddar cheese thats spiced up a little. I really liked it, looking forward to sampling all of the different cuts they delivered yesterday

Comment

Tuned in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Just be sure to bring that box of .300 Weatherby for Agdog....and the green sauce!
                          Ben only needs one bullet at 700 or less😄
                          Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                          This particular ranch has different pastures, mostly low fence but it does have high fenced pastures as well. My point being there are Gap gates occasionally where I watched bulls routinely use. Fence funnel I guess, somebody could stick an arrow in one that way, or just set up by water in the heat. They have had archery success that way. Every year we talk about shooting them with a bow. The last time I was mad at them they were running around in the cotton field on the wrong side of the fence. Other than that one day of carnage, I just watch and get the blame if they shoot one thats too big or too blue. Im supposed to save those and Im not very good at it. A real good friend shot one the other week and it took me a couple hours to find it after it was hit twice, So now Im in time out banned bull camp myself I dont know who the shooter is this year. A few beers it gets blurry out there
                          You can’t get drunk on those short beers😳😂

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Nilgai with a bow would be right at the top of my to-do list!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone that gets the opportunity!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            U would luv it. [emoji457] I've gone 3 times and got 2 very nice bulls. Nothing like slicing a heavy & sharp arrow thru a BIG critter!!![emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              U would luv it. [emoji457] I've gone 3 times and got 2 very nice bulls. Nothing like slicing a heavy & sharp arrow thru a BIG critter!!![emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              Oscar were you hunting trails or dung piles?

Comment

A bow bull holds #1 on my dream kill list but like Dale mentioned, time is too short to attempt it on that trip. Looking forward to seeing some successful harvest pics posted by anyone headed south this year. Be sure to work the rifle!

Comment

Working...
                                X