No announcement yet.

Suppressors - School Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had people tell me that they have done the whole process over the mail and phone with Capital Amory in Austin.

Comment

Take a look at the SilencerCo Harvester Evo.

Comment

i have not bought a can in a long time .. I too would be interested in a shop that carries things in stock as well as familiar with the paperwork ... and also don't gouge .

i hate to say it but my local shop (i won't mention) has very little stock , terrible price and when i asked about the kiosk they have , they didn't even know how it works !

needless to say, never bought anything from them.

i'd love to find a good place near dfw!

i've bought tons of stuff from Mark @ STS (always did me right, and good prices).. but that's a 8.5hr drive every time...
        so unless i was going to that area for another reason it kinda blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
          Silencerco omega 300. We sell more of them than any can.
          Love mine! Nice and compact compared to a lot of others as well. Very easy process.

Comment

Find a shooting range that sells them. Once i paid for mine i could take it to the range and shoot it just have to remember to turn it in before you leave the property. Helps the wait period go by faster.

Comment

Dead Air Nomad or SandMan S
              SilencerCo Omega or Chimera
              Rugged Isn't bad, Thuderbeast makes awesome cans, Griffin isn't bad and same with the Q series stuff

Lastly you can just Form 1 a can yourself if you have the equipment or know someone.

Id probably tell you to bump the budget to 1000$ ish and do one of the can's listed in the first 2 lines and just get a extra brake or 2 to leave on your rifles you want to use them on.

Comment

first round pop may be interesting for hunters, omega 300 does almost as well as the Helios, the Helios is a lot quieter tho
                Backpressure and overall suppression of a few mid size .30 cal cans

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4E09828-D478-4CAD-A08D-B9532848AC11.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24674609
                Click image for larger version

Name:	CD1FA8AE-6336-494A-A728-D6C7D9ABB7FC.png
Views:	1
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	24674610
                Last edited by Anon; 01-24-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 686PPP View Post
                  Find a shooting range that sells them. Once i paid for mine i could take it to the range and shoot it just have to remember to turn it in before you leave the property. Helps the wait period go by faster.
                  They finally have the e-file for Form 4 running which’ll cut that wait significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddi0 View Post
                    They finally have the e-file for Form 4 running which’ll cut that wait significantly.
                    As I was certifying an eForm today over the phone, my dealer said some of the first forms to go thru (not silencer shop) came back in a month...good news, although the official estimate is 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by 686PPP View Post
                      didnt think of this - thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        i have not bought a can in a long time .. I too would be interested in a shop that carries things in stock as well as familiar with the paperwork ... and also don't gouge .

i hate to say it but my local shop (i won't mention) has very little stock , terrible price and when i asked about the kiosk they have , they didn't even know how it works !

needless to say, never bought anything from them.

i'd love to find a good place near dfw!

i've bought tons of stuff from Mark @ STS (always did me right, and good prices).. but that's a 8.5hr drive every time...
                        so unless i was going to that area for another reason it kinda blows.
                        Mark was OG in one of our groups. Haven’t heard that name in a long time. Used to work down that way, but never did buy anything from him unfortunately.

Comment

I know once you have all of your silencer shop info submitted buying your next one is supper easy. Buy online and everything else done electronically until time for pickup. I’m on my 4th on that way and just have to find it in stock online or in retail store/website and upload a new picture yearly.

Not sure I would try all electronic or through mail on the first one as the SS kiosk knocks out fingerprints and tries to prevent bad ones and them getting rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            I know once you have all of your silencer shop info submitted buying your next one is supper easy. Buy online and everything else done electronically until time for pickup. I’m on my 4th on that way and just have to find it in stock online or in retail store/website and upload a new picture yearly.

Not sure I would try all electronic or through mail on the first one as the SS kiosk knocks out fingerprints and tries to prevent bad ones and them getting rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Efiling is so easy I don’t think I’d use silencer shop again. I have submitted some pretty terrible finger prints on form 1s and have gotten approved.

Comment

Anyone shoot an OSS?

Comment

yes there an absolute dream if your running it on a 30 cal gas gun chamber stays clean
                                but wouldn't recommend one if your just gonna run it on bolt gun or anything in a ar15 platform due to cost

Comment

Working...
                                X