Think I'm done with Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm done with Taco Bell

I've eaten at the Bell since the first one in Texas opened in north Austin. Good, cheap and fast food when you're in a hurry. I met my wife in the Taco Bell on Burnet road in 1977. It was open until 2:00 and I would stop by on the way home from bow fishing. But I think I'm done.

They recently quit making the tostada which was my favorite and then started new, higher priced items. I ate there a couple days ago and got 2 chalupas and a burrito supreme and a small drink. The price was $15.44. That's just a little much for me for that type of food. I can eat lunch in most regular restaurants for less than that. I think I'm done.

Have not at there in years, but I can pretty much go have fajitas and a margarita for that.

Comment

This is the line in the sand when it comes to Taco Bell?

We’re talking about Taco Bell right?

Comment

These are trying times for the food industry with inventory costs going up every week. But that does sound a little extreme for what you got.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          I've eaten at the Bell since the first one in Texas opened in north Austin. Good, cheap and fast food when you're in a hurry. I met my wife in the Taco Bell on Burnet road in 1977. It was open until 2:00 and I would stop by on the way home from bow fishing. But I think I'm done.

They recently quit making the tostada which was my favorite and then started new, higher priced items. I ate there a couple days ago and got 2 chalupas and a burrito supreme and a small drink. The price was $15.44. That's just a little much for me for that type of food. I can eat lunch in most regular restaurants for less than that. I think I'm done.
          Your system will be much better from this decision.

Comment

Yep!!! Hold on to your hat, they are all going up. As will you favorite restaurants.

Comment

I think maybe someone screwed up?

View current Taco Bell prices including soft and crunchy tacos, doritos locos tacos, nachos, burritos, combos, and sides.

Comment

What ever happened to the .69 cent Bean burrito? .50 cent tacos? And real hot-cheesey nachos with real jalapeños on top? To bad I had to give it all up a few years ago.

After I got married in 1977, I moved to Ashland, Ohio in May of '78. In 1980 they built a Taco Bell in the next town over. The Ex and I would go there on Friday nights after I got my pay. It was the closest thing to Texas as I could get. A "taco party" to the yanks was more like a burrito dinner down here. Them yankees also thought those pickled japs I had was "really really hot pickles". They had never had such.

Comment

I've always liked taco bell,but it's definitely alot more expensive than it used to be..Bean burritos,with sour cream/crispy beef tacos;for me.

Comment

Did it not provide the expected two day flush out and 5lb weight loss ??

Comment

I only eat the breakfast burrito at Taco Belly. It’s pretty good.

Comment

Both Taco Bell restaurants in Georgetown were closed yesterday afternoon. One on 35 just turned everything off and locked up. The one on Williams had lights on but when you go to drive thru the lady just got on the speaker and said we’re closed.

Odd times for sure.

Comment

Crunchy taco Party Pack! I’ll never quit. I might stop eating at Trulucks, Perry’s and Del Friscos, but I’ll just have to budget for Taco Bell.

Queue all the “gastric challenged” people ready to **** their pants at the thought of Taco Bell.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll eat just about anywhere, but I draw the line at Taco Bell. Not just because I own a Mexican food restaurant but because there are so many better options for fast Mexican. Taco Casa, taco bueno, for the big guys not to mention all the gas station joints and Laredo taco company. Heck DQ has a better taco than Taco Bell!

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                              I’ll eat just about anywhere, but I draw the line at Taco Bell. Not just because I own a Mexican food restaurant but because there are so many better options for fast Mexican. Taco Casa, taco bueno, for the big guys not to mention all the gas station joints and Laredo taco company. Heck DQ has a better taco than Taco Bell!

Tell us about your restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X