Suppressors - School Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
    Anybody have a reference on a Houston shop?
    I used Spring Guns and Ammo for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      I only have one so far. YHM Resonator R2. I’ve been extremely happy with it. Full auto rated, 300 WIN/RUM rated and weighs about a pound. Total cost (can, sales tax and stamp) was right at $800
      Best budget can from a reputable company that puts up awesome decibel numbers.

Mine could make it by March.

Comment

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
        Anybody have a reference on a Houston shop?
        Payne Brothers in Katy

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          Silencerco Harvestoer Evo $599. I use Mister Guns in Plano, they have a Silencer Shop Kiosk in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I have had a Silencerco Harvester for 6 years and love it. I just got another one for $579 with a free .22 on their bogo deal. At Defender Outdoors and they are great to work with. It has the 1/2 or 5/8 screw in adapter.

My advise is to buy 2-3-4 the first time. Once you use one your hooked. You will want another.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
              would like to stay around 700 if i can before the stamp cost ($200, right?)
              Right on, as others have stated, I see a lot of good feedback on the yhm resonator R2 and EA vox. I don’t think silencer shop carries EA tho so you would have to pay a transfer fee to your dealer if you want to use silencer shop to do the eform4 (you can search silencer shop to find their dealers in Dallas with a kiosk). I hear mixed review with griffin cans, they have so many models it’s hard to keep them straight, the owner does post a lot on ar15.com and is pretty funny, always low key crapping on other brands. A lot of hunters seem to really like the silencerco omega 300 but they seem to be less popular with the “tactical” crowd for some reason.

Comment

I'm partial to YHM supressors. They are affordable and built to last. I bought a couple of their phantom 30 cal suppressors a few years back for a steal. They are heavy but for the price I paid, I can deal with the weight. I'm either in a stand of shooting from a bench so its not bad. The YHM mounts are solid and they work.

Comment

I went the yhm resonator route. I’ve been so pleased with them that I now have 3

Comment

I would definitely focus on weight and sound suppression. Having something that is 1.5-2# won’t be fun. Your budget might make this tough, but I’d you want a all in one maybe a SiCO 36M or 46M. I run the Q’s but a lot of people don’t like owner KB. Thunderbeast is also great if you don’t want full auto. I would also see what the mounts cost as they can add up and some suck and need replacement dePending on what you read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Sig SRD762Ti-QD and love it. Run it on my 5.56 ARs, my 300bk rifles and my 6.5creed and 308win.

Lots of good options out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                        Silencerco omega 300. We sell more of them than any can.
                        I just ordered one of these titanium Omega 300's. SilencerCo had the BOGO deal just before Christmas. I got the Octane 45 free.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                          I just ordered one of these titanium Omega 300's. SilencerCo had the BOGO deal just before Christmas. I got the Octane 45 free.

I kick myself for not doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I kick myself for not doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Me too, and I’m deployed now, so the wait would have been while I was gone anyway. Shoulda coulda.

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                              Payne Brothers in Katy
                              I second Payne Brothers. Awesome shop, well stocked and very helpful staff. They have the SilencerShop kiosk right there at the door, so you can do everything in house on the paperwork. They stock the SilencerCo, YHM, Dead Air, and others. You can touch them all side by side and decide which is best for you. Kevin and Mitch are very helpful.
                              On a budget for a do-all can, it's hard to beat the YHM Resonator R2. Very quiet, tough as nails, great company, and you can use a variety of QD mounts with the R2 now. Using a direct thread attachment will get it down as light and short as the Omega 300.
                              Also, check out the Pantera from Acadian Armament if precision is what you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                                Silencerco omega 300. We sell more of them than any can.
                                Another vote for the Omega. Run it on on my 5.56 AR's, 243, and 6.5CM.

Comment

Working...
                                X