No announcement yet.

Pecan wood popping embers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either green or a lightening struck tree. Stop wasting it in the fireplace and smoke with it after it cures

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      That’s an old wives tale.
      Wives tale or not, I have several pecan trees and limbs off the other pecan trees burn no problem but the limbs off of the tree hit by lightning pops and sparkles. I have also burned hackberry that was well aged with no problem in the fireplace.

Comment

I’ve been using pecan for two years now. Yes, it definitely pops more than the oak. My wood isn’t green, it’s been cut since 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Thanks. I have ton of massive ones down by the creek. They are great to hunt from. Guess the dead ones can rot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my area had a huge hackberry die off about 15 years ago, big trees. i burned some in the house fireplace and huge amounts at the ranch fire rings. never had a problem. it does not burn as hot as oak, it my opinion. but i was looking for fire (flames) not heat. splits super easy if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Curious if we got it from the same wood lot. Seems as cured as any oak I’ve burned, but I don’t have a moisture meter
            Fire and Ice in Wolfforth is where I bought from.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
              Fire and Ice in Wolfforth is where I bought from.
              Slide plant market. It did come in a really nice chemical tote cage!

Comment

Working...
              X