Windshield chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
    I guess I'm wrong on my post after doing some looking.
    Back when I learned all this stuff, it was considered obstructed field of view.
    Times change.
    You are correct, obstructed view will fail on inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      For the DIY guys, how long does it take to typically fix a 'chip'? I'm assuming you can get the kits at your local parts store?
      30 mins tops...bought the kits on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
        30 mins tops...bought the kits on Amazon.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          You are correct, obstructed view will fail on inspection.

Tmag---

That's a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the clarification. I thought I was losing it.

Comment

The windshield is NOT an item of inspection. However, the windshield wipers are. Be sure that the crack does not cause the wipers to tear and that the crack has not caused the windshield to become concave or convex so the wipers lose contact with the windshield.
            A failed inspection may also result if a damaged windshield creates a significant visibility issue for the driver.

Comment

Anyone recommend a repair place near Weatherford or West Ft Worth?

Comment

Those who have DIY'd the chips, will one kit do more than one chip, or do you need a kit for each chip?
                OP, thanks for starting this thread!! I put a brand new VERY high dollar windshield in my truck about 3 months ago, and it already has three stone dings in it!!

Comment

I just use super glue and put a small piece of plastic on it, then scrape it off with a razor blade after it dries.

Comment

Working...
                  X