2022 APR TBH Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I knew how to delete a post.
    Last edited by brush_buster; 01-12-2022, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I’m all in favor of offering discounts on in stock production rifles.

Thanks,
      David
      Last edited by brush_buster; 01-12-2022, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I am working on gathering the parts needed for a build I want to do and good golly is there a huge shortage. I called Defiance about ordering a action directly from them and was told they are running 50 weeks out. Yes 50.... FIVE ZERO.... WEEKS!!! Barrels are way out too. Its just nuts. A bet there will be a 2022 TBH deal but those that get in on it are gonna need a TON of patients. That being said I know Robert has amazing relationships with his suppliers and will get his stuff before us regular folks so that will help a ton. I will also say until I started down the rabbit hole of specking out my own build and gathering parts I didn't realize just how good of a deal these TBH specials are. I have been fortunate enough to partake in 2 of them and not till now do I realize the extreme savings these are.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.
          I think that is a heck of an offer! I'm wanting an ultra light and compact 7-08 if you have one that fits the bill.
          Last edited by Chad C; 01-13-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Love the idea of a TBH discount. I would be in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.
              Love this idea Robert and am in need of a Maverick for the wife!

Comment

Interested

Comment

Interested

Comment

Working on the numbers now to decide what kind of discount we can pull off. Some models are going to be a little better than others, but we should be getting this thing kicked off soon.

Comment

Looking forward to info

Comment

Gonna try and make this happen this year.

Comment

Interested!

Comment

Great idea and I would be in for another Maverick! Keep us posted and I appreciate it.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Great Rifles. I have been thinking about getting a 3rd in 28 Nosler. This just might push me over the edge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X