Real County Sheriff under investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    First of all, yes. Second, if you suspect that money is going to a smuggler then especially yes because it's evidence in a pending case. Are you going to advocate we don't cease piles of cash from drug smugglers next?
    From what I read it was not taken from suspected smugglers in every case. Furthermore he did not follow the protocols after taking the money.

“The investigating Texas Ranger said Johnson admitted to regularly seizing money from undocumented immigrants during traffic stops, even if they were not accused of any state crime, before handing them over to United States Border Patrol agents.“

If this is true he is a thief!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
      From what I read it was not taken from suspected smugglers in every case. Furthermore he did not follow the protocols after taking the money.

“The investigating Texas Ranger said Johnson admitted to regularly seizing money from undocumented immigrants during traffic stops, even if they were not accused of any state crime, before handing them over to United States Border Patrol agents.“

Can you prove that he pocketed any of the money? You're not a thief unless you take the money and put it in your pocket. By your line of thought every IRS agent is a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Can you prove that he pocketed any of the money? You're not a thief unless you take the money and put it in your pocket. By your line of thought every IRS agent is a thief.
        Where did I say he pocketed the money??? I don’t care if he gave it to charity, if allegations are true he broke the law.

Comment

They are...

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
            They are...
            True! That was tongue in cheek.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, if they are here illegally then they are not subject to the protections of our laws or due process. Don't like it, go back home.

Comment

Pretty simple guys. He can sieze the money if he feels it is profits from illegal gains. He obviously can size upon arresting someone. But at the point he or the AD decides not to pursue charges he must give it back. He apparently was having issues giving it back. Just becuase someone breaks a law doesn't mean they forfeit their assets forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post

The above is why he could get charged.

The above is why the case is defensible and he could easily get off depending on the jury seated.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    Pretty simple guys. He can sieze the money if he feels it is profits from illegal gains. He obviously can size upon arresting someone. But at the point he or the AD decides not to pursue charges he must give it back. He apparently was having issues giving it back. Just becuase someone breaks a law doesn't mean they forfeit their assets forever.
                    Maybe he couldn't find them to give it back after Biden flew them to Florida and gave them a court date they never plan to appear for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      As far as I'm concerned, if they are here illegally then they are not subject to the protections of our laws or due process. Don't like it, go back home.
                      Exactly! If they didn't break our laws by entering illegally, then all this would be a non-issue.

Comment

Constitution says otherwise

Comment

In that case, they should just work up a Ol' number 6 on them.
                          Last edited by Hoggslayer; 01-12-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Im fine with that stance. What is ironic is the 5 to 6 post on this site asking why new build homes are so expensive. Want to see expensive send all the illegals back home. Construction, farming and food services all survive because of them. Not saying its right or a good thing but I don't want to see them gone.

Comment

Guess they shoulda stayed in old mesico

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                                I could easily see the sheriff beating that case if it was tried in state court in Real County. Jury nullification.

I'm sure though that if charges are brought, they will be brought in Travis County.
                                You're wrong about that. Camp Wood has three industries: mohair, drug smuggling, and human smuggling. I was told by a BP agent that the entire town would be in jail within 3-months if they ever put a substation there. I'm not disparaging the good people who ranch that area, but many of the people who live in that town are for the most part worthless or outright criminals. We've owned a ranch there for 26 years now. I don't personally know the Real Sheriff, because our ranch is mostly in Edwards County, and Rock Springs is the county seat where the Edwards Sheriff's office is. You need to keep in mind that most of the illegals now moving through Camp Wood are doing so because they have a criminal record or are carrying drugs. They can walk across the river in Del Rio and turn themselves in and not face any consequences if they are just coming over for work or to meet up with family. Those who are skirting the BP are bad guys. No, this guy can't count on a jury of his "peers" to nullify charges. If he's done something illegal, he deserves consequences, but I doubt he's got many friends in that town with his stance on illegals.

Comment

Working...
                                X