No announcement yet.

What happened to deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is part of the reason I love pig hunting so much. They’re all trophies with the bow. See a pig? Shoot it!! No worries about age, score or size. Just the memory of launching an arrow and eating delicious sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      Respectfully, there is a whole lot more taken into consideration when determining whether someone is a good steward to the land other then decisions made on whitetail deer management. I respect your passion, but we’ve got to keep this real.

Great point.

Comment

I have a huge passion for archery and deer. I enjoy every part of both. I enjoy the year around WORK, feeding, watching deer, learning and I really enjoy bowhunting. I enjoy singling out a buck and chasing him but I also have fun stacking up a truck load of doe every year as well.

I do it for the memories!!!!!

My question to you is …. how do you know what people are hunting for and why? Are you saying trophies and memories can’t go together?
        Just curious what you are basing your info on.

I look forward to all the hunting stories/threads here on TBH. I’m happy for people when I see their success. I’m trying to think off the top of my head and I haven’t noticed here what you are referencing to.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Sweet so you volunteer? She has never Ebayed in her life.[emoji23][emoji12]
          Absolutely! I won’t even ask for a Commission
          You’re all set

Comment

If it gets my heart rate up there’s a good chance I’ll pull the string back. I’d much rather sit with my daughters and let them have a chance at something that gets them excited. Making memories is what is all about ��

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I 100% agree.. It is about the memories!!!

I have a couple of customers that I have done 30-40 pieces for over the years. Their trophy rooms are huge.. A bunch of $$$$$$. I've asked them "what will happen to all of your trophies when you die"?? They get a blank look on their face. It's something no one wants to think about but it won't end well for the mounts most of the time... Sold for pennies on the dollar OR trashed..
              My wife of 35 years said the mounts are the first thing to go. **** I love that woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                This is part of the reason I love pig hunting so much. They’re all trophies with the bow. See a pig? Shoot it!! No worries about age, score or size. Just the memory of launching an arrow and eating delicious sausage.

Where have I heard this before? [emoji12]You’ve had me leaning this direction for 3-4 years now. [emoji23]. Deadeye put a small kink in that lean this year but I’m still leaning [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  I could care less what happens to them after I die. We only walk this earth once

So…..you could care less about what happens to them or couldn’t care less about them.[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                    I could care less what happens to them after I die. We only walk this earth once
                    And another GREAT POINT..

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                      Absolutely! I won’t even ask for a Commission
                      You’re all set

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        Respectfully, there is a whole lot more taken into consideration when determining whether someone is a good steward to the land other then decisions made on whitetail deer management. I respect your passion, but we’ve got to keep this real.
                        Good whitetail managers statistically will treat land much better than those who are there that just like it.

Comment

All deer mounts ultimately end up in old bars ….at Xmas time perhaps with a Santa hat and maybe a red nose.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                            My wife of 35 years said the mounts are the first thing to go. **** I love that woman.
                            My son has already laid claim to all mine and I'm not even dead yet.. I rest easier knowing they won't leave the family.. A lot of time, $$ and hard work went into my collection..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              True but when we die.....those mounts won't make a **** to anybody. Probably end up in a storage unit or dumpster somewhere. I struggle with that every time I send away $700-800 for some wall decoration. Kids and friends will remember us though for their lifetime for taking them hunting with them...

I like shooting for personal "deer goals" although my goals are much smaller and less important than some on here.....but the excitement of friends/kids killing their first deer and the campfires are where its at for me these days. I'll take experiences over inches all day long.
                              Well said Smart!

Comment

Haha. I have a euro of a 3 pointer. Mature deer but completely broke off one side while in velvet so the other beam’s tines past the brow never went over an inch. A trophy I proudly display next to some very impressive trophies. Every buck is a trophy. Take the pelt off the Doe and you got a trophy there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X