How do y'all decide who hunts where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    We do have cameras on the same feeders. I'm sure there is an easy way to share but I haven't figured it out yet. My BIL used to ask me to email him the pics before he got cameras. Emailing them is a huge pain, especially when there is no internet at the ranch, etc. I use a computer for TC pics that doesn't have outlook or any other email platform on it. I told him he was more than welcome to sit down with my computer any time he wanted and look at all the pics he wanted but I wasn't emailing them. No spite or ill intentions, just too much of a pain to do. I'm sure we could do thumb drives or something similar but we haven't done that yet. Maybe that is another question, how to y'all share TC pics with lease mates, etc. ?

I'm thinking I like a version of what you suggested best. Before the first morning hunt of the weekend draw for first pick and then do the 1,3,5 thing and alternate every hunt after that for the rest of the weekend. Then the next weekend either draw again or just flip it from the last weekend.
    get cell cameras and have each person have access to the account. you buy half the cameras and accounts and he the other half.

Comment

Members? Are you guys paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        get cell cameras and have each person have access to the account. you buy half the cameras and accounts and he the other half.
        ^This. Or upload all the pics from the SD cards in non-cellular cameras to a Google Drive folder or something online that everyone has access to.

Comment

Just go age before beauty

Comment

I own land with two friends. 270 acres and lease 670 beside it.
            We sell a few hunts to cover the lease cost and we hunt our 270. We have 6 stands and feeder aet ups. For two years I filled feeders for everyone and paid out a lot on feed. Sometimes I would get some momey back, sometimes they would being some corn.
            I finally quit. I just feed the two I own the equipment and will let theirs run dry. Funny how they got responsible after that.
            We are community but really we all just hunt our own set ups.
            It's a matter of respect.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              You have to take what you can get on a family place. The downfall most of the time is the people that do all the work (you in this situation) get tired of everyone else coming in for the glory reps and eventually give up on the property. That leaves it in the hands of the people who like to just show up and hunt and it gradually goes downhill. Seen it happen plenty of times.
              This

Comment

After all that I just read it would be Easier and much less stressful to just find somewhere else to hunt!! I would be 100% out on all of that drama...

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  I use to be on a 12 person 24 blind lease in rocksprings where there was a chaulk board and you wrote your name next to the stand you were going to hunt so it was first time first serve and you could stay in the blind until you decided to leave or hunt a different spot.

Now I'm on a lease where each lease member has their own section that they manage and setup however they like and this method works way better for multiple reasons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  We all have our own blinds / areas, but if a person is not there / or going to be there that day there spot is open. However, we don't usually hunt others' spots very often at all. We put up temporary blinds here and there in some open spots throughout the season.

Comment

Of Course Dad gets first choice then draw straws or numbers let it be luck of the draw

Comment

It’s deer. People care way too much. Best to just enjoy the experience.

Comment

On our family property each person has their rifle stand and they have rights to it whenever they are present and we only hunt our stands up till thanksgiving. After thanksgiving you can hunt wherever you want as long as that person isn’t there.

For bow season I’m the only one that bow hunts so I just go wherever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cage fight, slap contest, or draw numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Number the stands, put numbers in a coffee can. Draw. Simple and no fuggin whining.
                            this, and that is your stand for the week/ month/ or season,,,

Comment

We just pick and if two wanna go to the same place. Either go together or rock paper scissors. We are community everything. Worked now for 18 years.

Comment

Up in Colo Rockies, 6 of us, we cut cards for the 1st 2 days.

Winner of 1st draw is last to select next hunt and so on.

If hunters want to go up together, so be it. If hunters want to trade, so be it.

Remainder of week just works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X