Get up there's fish to catch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    We been catching them under 1097 bridge and in timber both. We was catching them around 10 to 12 feet early in the timber and 15 to 18 feet under the bridge later in the day.
    I know there's alot of standing timber north of 1097 and Scott's Ridge. I guess I need to try trolling and scanning the timber early for the white perch, and fall back to the bridge (shade) when the sun comes up? I'm good catching them in the spawn, but get skunked when they move back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Saturday too crowded, I'll be out Monday

Glad you have figured out the day pattern. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
        I know there's alot of standing timber north of 1097 and Scott's Ridge. I guess I need to try trolling and scanning the timber early for the white perch, and fall back to the bridge (shade) when the sun comes up? I'm good catching them in the spawn, but get skunked when they move back out.
        I catch a lot of big crappie bass fishing with deep cranking baits this time of year. Most of the crappie guys I know catch their down south summer and north during the fall and spring. The south end is riddled with brush piles out deep. Use your electronics to locate them and look for fish, if you don't see them move on to the next and don't waste your time. Its hard to fish open water this time of year with all the stupid wake boats and big *** cruisers that don't belong on this lake. But it is what it is go early and get off early or go at night. If you want to learn the lake sometime give me a shout and you can ride with me or run behind with your gps .

Comment

Yes. We normally catch them till about 10 AM and then head under the bridge. I just drive by the pilings slow with down imaging and you can see the crappie suspended. Some columns will have a few and some will be loaded.
          Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-09-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
            I catch a lot of big crappie bass fishing with deep cranking baits this time of year. Most of the crappie guys I know catch their down south summer and north during the fall and spring. The south end is riddled with brush piles out deep. Use your electronics to locate them and look for fish, if you don't see them move on to the next and don't waste your time. Its hard to fish open water this time of year with all the stupid wake boats and big *** cruisers that don't belong on this lake. But it is what it is go early and get off early or go at night. If you want to learn the lake sometime give me a shout and you can ride with me or run behind with your gps .
            Yes. We normally carch them till about 10 AM and then head under the bridge. I just drive by the pilings slow with down imaging and you can see the crappie suspended. Some columns will have a few and some will be loaded.
            Thanks guys! We're gonna give the bluegill and crappie a try in the morning. I'll post back how we did. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks guys! We're gonna give the bluegill and crappie a try in the morning. I'll post back how we did. Thanks again!
              You should be golden in the morning. Yoi won't have all the knuckle head jet skis, and wake boats running around. Do you have a side scan or down imaging graph? They help tremendously locating those crappie. Good luck!

Comment

When I'm not chasing the bucket mouths my wife and I love to break out the ultralight tackle and hammer the gills. Conroe has a great eating population of bull bluegill. My favorite eating fish. We caught the mess out of them from our neighborhood marina.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m talking about! I’d rather catch and eat a big mess of bream than any other fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You should be golden in the morning. Yoi won't have all the knuckle head jet skis, and wake boats running around. Do you have a side scan or down imaging graph? They help tremendously locating those crappie. Good luck!
                  I'm running the Bird with SI/DI. I love it. It's helped me alot. Do you know Mike Cason? He guides for Hybrid on Conroe, and set my Bird up when I got it.

Comment

Mike D , you're correct on that , Ultralight tackle 4lb line. Best eating fish in the lake. I primarily bass fish "catch and release" but this time of year those big gills are a hoot and taste great.

Comment

I'm running the Bird with SI/DI. I love it. It's helped me alot. Do you know Mike Cason? He guides for Hybrid on Conroe, and set my Bird up when I got it.
                      Mike lives across the lake from me, he has helped me with an issue I had on one of my 9" mega birds. There is also a kid that launches in the neighborhood that actually went and took classes on Humminbird and Lowrance. Kids name is Mason Roach , he knows his electronics .

Comment

When I'm not chasing the bucket mouths my wife and I love to break out the ultralight tackle and hammer the gills. Conroe has a great eating population of bull bluegill. My favorite eating fish. We caught the mess out of them from our neighborhood marina.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        How's that beer taste?

Comment

lol,, fishy

Comment

Yeah that's where I was fishing Scott's ridge. I love trying to find them. I found a lot of them but had a hard time getting them to bite. I bet if I had minnows it would have been a different story.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike lives across the lake from me, he has helped me with an issue I had on one of my 9" mega birds. There is also a kid that launches in the neighborhood that actually went and took classes on Humminbird and Lowrance. Kids name is Mason Roach , he knows his electronics .
                              Mike is a good guy for sure. He didn't just set it up, but wouldn't get off the water until I showed him I knew how to use it. I'm no master at it, but I'd be lost without his knowledge.

Comment

My little fishing buddy this morning while I was catch perch for bait. Yellow crowned night heron. A bit out of its normal range this far north and west. Didn't seem afraid of me at all. It flew over by me within 15 ft and started spearing minnows.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X