Broadhead sharpeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead sharpeners

Which ones do y’all use? Looking to get a sharpening apparatus and was wondering which one to use. I would prefer one that can sharpen any broadhead out there.

I use the KME, but it won't sharpen three or four blade broadheads, unless the blades can be removed from the ferrule.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

What broadhead design/brand/model?

Kinda like buying a battery for your vehicle- more info needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
        What broadhead design/brand/model?

Kinda like buying a battery for your vehicle- more info needed.
        I shoot a two blade single bevel right now. I want the freedom to sharpen more than one style of head though as stated in original post.

Comment

I just use diamond stones and whet rocks. If had a stay sharp for a few years and tried everything imaginable… everything

It’s the single biggest piece of crap I own…. So I wouldn’t recommend that route. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            I just use diamond stones and whet rocks. If had a stay sharp for a few years and tried everything imaginable… everything

It’s the single biggest piece of crap I own…. So I wouldn’t recommend that route. Lol
            Really? I’ve been looking at those hard but wasn’t sure of how well they work.

Comment

I like my Stay Sharp broadhead sharpener. I've used it to sharpen Magnus Black Hornets, Sevrs, and QADs. Takes a little time to get good with it but once you learn how you can get your blades scary sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Ron the guy that owns stay sharp is a a$& hat, he stole the idea from KME, he is a convicted poacher and known on AT as a liar. I wouldn’t give him a dime of my money.

Comment

I use my lansky for everything from iron wills to mechanicals and 3 blades

On the 3 blades don’t use the guide, just the stones

Comment

You can try one of these Broadhead Sharpeners
                    SHARPAL 5-in-1 Broadhead Sharpener
                    Muzzy Bowhunting Redi-Edge Broadhead Blade Sharpener
                    Lansky Broadhead Tungsten Carbide Sharpener

Comment

Stay sharp guide,sand paper and leather strop

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                        I use my lansky for everything from iron wills to mechanicals and 3 blades

On the 3 blades don’t use the guide, just the stones

What angle guide rod do you use for broad heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                          What angle guide rod do you use for broad heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Depends

Kudupoints I don’t use a hole and use the very top of the bracket. Iron will/replacement blade mechanicals, 25-30 if memory serves me right. A black Sharpie is your friend, it’ll tell you what you need to put it on

Comment

I use a g5. It's heavy. Just use the weight of it lightly and it does great. I have a couple Lanskys too and they're decent.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Ron the guy that owns stay sharp is a a$& hat, he stole the idea from KME, he is a convicted poacher and known on AT as a liar. I wouldn’t give him a dime of my money.
                              I don't about any of that. But the Stay Sharp made for Stingers is easier to use and works better than the KME Broadhead Sharpener, and at about 1/2 the price.

He also give some good advice/instruction showing how to "test" broadhead sharpness on leather. I found it eye opening as a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                              X