Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like the 6-9", I have both and my 9-13" never gets extended, I have not found alot of applications that you must have that extra four inches. Just my .02

Comment

All of mine have 6-9" models. I had the 9-13" but it was too long on the bench.

Comment

Just what I needed to know...much appreciated gents! full of good info as always

Comment

Anyone have an opinion/ experience with BCM's Lite line of uppers? More specifically, I'm wondering if there are any cons with the Lite uppers compared to their standard upper.
          I wanted to go with the standard 16" with a 12" DD quad rail, but BCM is out of stock and I can't wait any longer!

Comment

Anything BCM is GTG. They build their parts to Mil-Spec stats. Are their "Lite" rifles the ones with the Pencil Barrel w/ midlength gas system? Either way, they are GTG, might I recommend a 14.5" w/ a pinned vortex or other flash suppressor? Reduce a little weight and length, and still be accurate and effective at ranges the 16" is effective at.

Comment

Someone splain to me about a barrel extension.

Isnt it a part of the barrel?

Can I get a stripped upper and slide a barrel into it or am I missin sumthin?

Can someone post a step by step of buildin an upper? With pixels?
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Question on the SBR, don't you need a stamp to get one and etc...? How does that work?

I hope this is within the purpose and intent of the thread. If not, just disregard.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post
                  Question on the SBR, don't you need a stamp to get one and etc...? How does that work?

I hope this is within the purpose and intent of the thread. If not, just disregard.
                  I think anything tactical gun related is the spirit. SBR is similar to getting a suppressor, you decide trust or LEO signoff, complete a Form 1, send it in completed, wait for the gov to give you a clean bill of health and assemble it once you've received the stamped form 1 you don't even have to go through a Class 3 dealer. We can help.

Joey, I've never had the guts to put together an upper and properly headspace, if you are talking about M4 extensions, it is simply grooves in your upper assembly that help feed your tube more efficiently.

Comment

So....if I got a Spikes/BCM upper with M4 feed ramps.....a Stag barrel would slide right in and be good to go? I guess thats my question.

I can handle the forward assist and the dust cover.
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                      Joey, I've never had the guts to put together an upper and properly headspace

I'm learning and hope to get more hands on with this...go and no go gauges are your friends. Switching out the bolt / carrier is about all the control I can wrap my head around to deal with headspace when putting together parts.

I recently had an issue with a custom build that had a les bear upper and Krieger tube. I could not pull the ch back when chambered and had to shoot out rounds that went into battery. I sent the upper to gunsmith and both reamers he had on hand would not allow the pilot to go into the bore?? I sent it to kreiger along with the les baer bolt and they confirmed the bore diameter was indeed under saami specs but not unusual for krieger & considered safe and normal for them... I was told the les bear bolt (chromed) would not pass with the gauges but a mil-spec bolt worked fine.

Krieger offered to ream out the tube for a fee but I decided to have them send it back and just use it for another build down the road & deal with the les baer bolt / carrier for another project as well.

Comment

Too much though is put into headspace on an AR. At best, get a set of go/no-go gauges and it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post

yes... you need a tax stamp... most counties, unless you know someone,
                          it's hard to get the Chief Law Enforcement Officer to sign off on the
                          Form....

Setting up a trust is not expensive, and easy... PM if you want any details..

Comment

Are tacticool shotguns allowed Travis?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060008 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	23929818

Name:	P1060011 (Medium).JPG
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	23929819

Name:	P1060012 (Medium).JPG
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	23929820

Name:	P1060013 (Medium).JPG
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	23929821

Name:	P1060014 (Medium).JPG
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	23929822

Name:	P1060015 (Medium).JPG
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	23929823

Comment

Joey,

yes you are correct, AR's are built more as machined armorer equipment more than they are sculpted gunsmithed weapons. So yes mil spec standard parts are interchangeable, however IMO if you are going that route, pay an extra 30-75 bucks for a LMT, Colt, BCM barrel, well side bar I haven't looked in a long while but most of them are probably all made by the same or another shop. Personally I like LMT uppers, even, GASP, more than Larue's. I know I know. I'm weird, but I just really like the craft and attention to detail. This is just a petty thing but it does irk my nerves. The AAC flash hiders match up perfectly straight and in the perfect position, my Larue is off just about 3/16". I know it's picky but it is just sitting there slightly crooked, annoying.

Mike, Tacticool shotguns are awesome, however, you need to take that laser off that one! All you need is a flashlight! Is that your new Mossberg?? Very pretty! Just make sure you don't lay it next to one of those ugly Glocks!
                              Last edited by mesquitecountry; 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I know on the laser. Just playing around with it more than anything. Yep that's the Mossy. And they will feel right at home next to the Glocks, you know with all that flimsy plastic on them and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X