WTB Original Sendero in 25-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    Definitely not even close to the same league as a sendero unless the stars align and it happens to be that one rifle off the line that is magical.

Sierracharlie out…
    I would put the old BDL Varmints equal to or ahead of the Sendero in quality, fit and finish.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
      There’s a Remington 700 Varmint in 25-06 in classifieds.
      Where? I went 9 pages deep and have not seen this...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Where? I went 9 pages deep and have not seen this...
        My search shows it sold already

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
          I would put the old BDL Varmints equal to or ahead of the Sendero in quality, fit and finish.
          I agree 100% … I'd trade every original Sendero (1994-2002) I owned for an early Varmint Special from 1968-1985.
          It's been my personal experience the VS's are more accurate than the Senderos

FWIW, Remington took the Varmint Special platform, made it "tacti-cool" (matte black with composite stock), and called it a Sendero.
          Factory matte black guns were just becoming popular and accepted by the public in the mid 90's when the Sendero was introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            I agree 100% … I'd trade every original Sendero (1994-2002) I owned for an early Varmint Special from 1968-1985.
            It's been my personal experience the VS's are more accurate than the Senderos

FWIW, Remington took the Varmint Special platform, made it "tacti-cool" (matte black with composite stock), and called it a Sendero.
            Factory matte black guns were just becoming popular and accepted by the public in the mid 90's when the Sendero was introduced.

Blake,

I have a 1969 Remington 700 Varmint in 6mm Remington. It has become a safe queen but still one of my favorite rifles.

Comment

I would much rather have the wood stock varmint special over the sendero, I just prefer the wood and they will both shoot better than I am capable of anyway.

Comment

I may be wrong but wasn’t the 25/06 the only long action out of the original wood stocked varmint specials ?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                  I may be wrong but wasn’t the 25/06 the only long action out of the original wood stocked varmint specials ?
                  Correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X