Clear All

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
    Anyone seen this guy?!?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Nah, is that from this year? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Txaggie16 View Post
      Nah, is that from this year? haha
      Lol nah that was like 2 yrs ago but I got word he's been hunting my **** and he's been known to steal stands out there just trying to get conformation he's been out there

Comment

Finally went out Saturday morning for the first time this year. I planned to hunt a tree I used a few years ago and hoped it would be unoccupied and still ready to hunt. I got kind of turned around since I hadn’t been out there since 2018 season. While walking through the dark I hear something jump up in the brush to my left and swing my flashlight that direction just in time to see a young deer lunge face first into a tree. It fell like a sack of potatoes. I figured it just knocked itself out so I waited a few minutes watching it lay there and it never moved again. Little dude hit the tree so hard he broke his neck. I came home with some meat but not exactly how I planned.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
            Finally went out Saturday morning for the first time this year. I planned to hunt a tree I used a few years ago and hoped it would be unoccupied and still ready to hunt. I got kind of turned around since I hadn’t been out there since 2018 season. While walking through the dark I hear something jump up in the brush to my left and swing my flashlight that direction just in time to see a young deer lunge face first into a tree. It fell like a sack of potatoes. I figured it just knocked itself out so I waited a few minutes watching it lay there and it never moved again. Little dude hit the tree so hard he broke his neck. I came home with some meat but not exactly how I planned.
            So what your saying is you tagged a zsmall buck and didn't waste a arrow id say that's q perfect day! Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
              So what your saying is you tagged a zsmall buck and didn't waste a arrow id say that's q perfect day! Hahaha

Yes sir, that’s what I’m saying. Haha

Comment

Yes sir, that’s what I’m saying. Haha
                How small we talking tho??? WHAT TAG YA USE LOL

Comment

Small like a nubbin. He barely had two little bumps on his head. I wouldn’t have taken a shot at him if I had the chance but I also wasn’t just going to leave it there to go to waste.

Comment

Small like a nubbin. He barely had two little bumps on his head. I wouldn’t have taken a shot at him if I had the chance but I also wasn’t just going to leave it there to go to waste.
                    Lol we gonna have to meet up do you can show the trick of killing without working for it haha

Comment

I’ve never seen anything like that happen. It was crazy and I was so ready to have some sit time in the tree since I didn’t go at all last year.

Comment

Definitely not the preferred way to harvest a deer but it makes a darn good story to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it your stand I’ve been sitting in? Lol

Comment

Beansandchili, I agree and I’d would have preferred sitting in the stand, getting a shot and tracked a deer but it is what it is.

Scottimus, No sir. I don’t leave my stands or any equipment out there. I carry it in and out every time. Although when I was out there this time I did walk past two of the same brand cameras locked to trees in an area I hunted a few years ago. That was only the second time I’ve seen cameras out there.

Comment

Cool story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beansandchili, I agree and I’d would have preferred sitting in the stand, getting a shot and tracked a deer but it is what it is.

Scottimus, No sir. I don’t leave my stands or any equipment out there. I carry it in and out every time. Although when I was out there this time I did walk past two of the same brand cameras locked to trees in an area I hunted a few years ago. That was only the second time I’ve seen cameras out there.
                                Somebody left their tree stand from last year. Built a nice cage for it and all...lol

All galvanized 1/2” pipe shell.

Comment

Working...
                                X