No announcement yet.

End of robocalls? . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Fla. Fatboy; 05-15-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Me, I've learned to curse in Hindi. Doesn't help with the calls but makes me feel better and sure does surprise the gadhe on the other end of the phone. Tutorials available on YouTube. Ed

Comment

I get 4 or 5 a day at my office. The same ones every day.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bowtech38;14150810]I have been told im going to jail a few times a week.[/QUOTE

Myself,3 times this week

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
            I have had the same happen to me. Also, you call the number back and somebody is mad because you say they called you but they didn’t. It sucks for those of us that use our phones for work. What’s even worse is they just hang up as soon as you answer. You can’t even pick on the telemarketers.
            Don't call the numbers back!!!! The newest scam is they call and hang up - you call them back and you instantly spent $5 or you get to sit on the phone with your carrier to get refunded!

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
              Don't call the numbers back!!!! The newest scam is they call and hang up - you call them back and you instantly spent $5 or you get to sit on the phone with your carrier to get refunded!
              Thats crazy. Haven’t heard that yet. I don’t call back unless someone leaves a voicemail now anyways.

Comment

I have blocked everyone of the numbers and reported each one as they call. I have not received any this week I don't think, and they are now very few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                  Making them illegal won’t make them stop. How many of you are in the do not call list and still get called. The phone providers need to develop better software to stop them. You can’t just ban voip phone systems. I use att call protect and it helps but doesn’t stop everything. I don’t know what the answer is but I doubt a law will fix the issue
                  This. He can sign all the EOs and legislation they want but the reality is these calls come in routed and spoofed from overseas. Unless we want to start bombing India I don't see it stopping any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                    I have blocked everyone of the numbers and reported each one as they call. I have not received any this week I don't think, and they are now very few and far between.
                    Who do you report them to?

Comment

out here in west Texas a rarely get one, usually on my work phone. but when I travel to san Antonio or Houston I'll get them for about 4 weeks after I leave at about 2-3 a day.

Comment

There are several apps you can get for a few bucks a month that screen calls and likely robocalls/scammers are messed with by a computer generated conversation. some are quite hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Who do you report them to?
                          Don't waste your time. They use spoofing to disguise the actual call origin.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                            I have had the same happen to me. Also, you call the number back and somebody is mad because you say they called you but they didn’t. It sucks for those of us that use our phones for work. What’s even worse is they just hang up as soon as you answer. You can’t even pick on the telemarketers.

there are a lot of scammers that use call maskers that make it appear to the person receiving the call that they are being contacted by a local number when in reality they are over seas in god-knows-where-istan. also why you usually receive calls from numbers that have the same digits as yours up till the last 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              I cried "Uncle" and subscribed to Nomorobo. For $20 a year it's worth it. I went from getting 10-15 calls a day to maybe 2 a month.

The "straw that broke the camels back" for me was when I received a call from my own cell number.
                              Just wait until the guys making the "robo calls" are in fact the same company that you just gave money to so they stop calling you. Ransom, lol

Comment

I usually get about 10/day on my home phone answering machine. I was home all day yesterday with the grandkids and actually received about 3 times as many that did not leave a messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X